Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #41 
Sakura8

Haha, are you sure Ratchet's anachris doesn't look lousy because he's been beating up on it?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #42 
Pataflafla

That' probably the biggest factor.

I'm gonna try switching out some of the anacharis in the sorority (Which is amazingly healthy at the same temp as Ratchet's) to see if I can get the rest of it back to being healthy and not shedding like crazy.

I could try some of Mirage's too, but the sorority anacharis is just going crazy.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #43 
Sakura8

I stuffed mine into a semi-transparent Rubbermaid and left it in the garage for several weeks. When I finally remembered it, I was surprised that it was still alive, considering it had almost no light. Hardy little plant but maybe not when it's under constant assault, haha.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #44 
Pataflafla

I bought some Seachem Flourish since the last post. I added I don't know how much into both ratchet's and Mirage's tanks (I swear it was only 3 drops). There's been some minor improvement with Ratchet's and I don't see any change in Mirages, though his were healthy to begin with.

Ratchet has been letting his tail heal splendidly. I think he's enjoying 10 pellets a day and constant flare time (Should Moonshoes ever decide to stop building a nest in the middle of his section). He's also beating up less on the anacharis now, but that might be because it's almost all gone. I'm probably going to transplant some from Mirage's tank if I see any more improvement in what he already has in with him.

Ratchet's also taken a fancy to scaring the daylights out of Starscream. I kinda feel bad for poor, little Starscream since he's so shy and Ratchet's so aggressive.

I'm gonna try for some pictures tomorrow once I'm off work so you can see how well Ratchet's doing. Hopefully in the meantime he remains grumpy to Moonshoes and Starscream and not to his tail.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #45 
Sakura8

I think . . . I used an eyedropper type thing that I got in the baby section of the pharmacy to dose my Flourish. I think it's like less than a mL for 10g? I'm not sure.

I'm glad Ratchet is behaving but with him, it could be he's plotting something. Like all good dastardly villains would be. :) Poor Starscream. By the way, I love the names you give your bettas.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #46 
ArcticRain

*claps loudly* An amazing story for and amazing fish! Glad he pulled through!
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #47 
Pataflafla

Finally got around to those pictures. I apologize for the green tint, but for whatever reason I'm having minor algae growth in only Ratchet's tank. I'm surprised he's let it survive to this point. I'd love to let a snail deal with it, but I'm afraid Ratchet would kill it on site and I would rather not risk it. Next water change I'll be swiping it up with a paper towel or something instead.

Name:  008 (3).jpg
Views: 26
Size:  30.4 KB
Name:  005 (7).jpg
Views: 28
Size:  46.1 KB

He was rather excited for pictures, but I tempted him with a little food instead, so he'd rather not face the camera. food always wins out with him I guess. Such a chubby little villain.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #48 
Sakura8

Chubby little villain. Haha, kind of like The Penguin in Batman. :D
Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #49 
Pataflafla

Came home to find some amusing business proceeding on top of Ratchet's tank today.

Ratchet, unfortunately, has a new tormentor in the form of Darko the Incompetent Cat. Now, Darko is fish friendly in the fact that he only wants to drink their water, steal their plants, and watch them like a creeper. Even if he were to want to catch a fish, he could never accomplish this goal simply because of the fishing method he always uses.

Here he demonstrates his technique on the stalk of bamboo in Ratchet's tank:
http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=002-1.mp4
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #50 
Sakura8

The battle of the villains: Darko vs. Ratchet! Darko is gorgeous, by the way, but hilarious!