Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #1 
kfryman

10g Heater

At the Petco by me the heaters are kinda expensive and I don't know if they have this one. First is Aqueon a good brand for heaters? And is this suitable for a 10g
http://www.amazon.com/06107-Heaters-...3408733&sr=8-3 , sometimes it gets cold in my house so I don't want one that will be one the border of keeping a temperature.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #2 
MarcusTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
At the Petco by me the heaters are kinda expensive and I don't know if they have this one. First is Aqueon a good brand for heaters? And is this suitable for a 10g
http://www.amazon.com/06107-Heaters-...3408733&sr=8-3 , sometimes it gets cold in my house so I don't want one that will be one the border of keeping a temperature.
lol thats a 150w heater your fish will boil in a 10g tank lol

for a 10g tank you need a 50w heater
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #3 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

That is the heater I have on my 29 gal! It wouldn't be able to go low enough for you. Don't want to have a fish fry, do you? Getting the 50w of that model would be more advisable.

It is also fully submersible, meaning that you can place it parallel to the gravel and use the convection currents to ensure that your aquarium remains a constant temp. Great choice for a betta tank.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #4 
bastage

Getting too big of a heater wont hurt anything as long as its adjustable & you have some flow in the tank so it doesn't create hot sports. It just means when it turns on it doesn't have to be turned on as long..
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #5 
Littlebittyfish

I had one of my aqueon heaters malfunction on me not to long ago after 6 months of use. I dont think it was the brand of heaters fault because our power has been glitchy quite a bit due to road construction infront of our house and I think that may have caused an issue..I have 4 of these heaters and only the one malfunctioned...But the customer service was really nice and sent me a new heater for free..I didnt even have to pay shipping. So I recommend aqueon heaters. They have a lifetime warranty as long as you can prove proof of purchase.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #6 
kfryman

Okay I will look on amazon for a smaller one.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #7 
kfryman

Okay I went to Petco yesterday and that heater listed above was $44... rip off. Any way I found the same one just 50w http://www.amazon.com/06105-Heaters-...3576666&sr=8-3