Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww man, Alyssa. I'm so sorry! I hope she rethinks what she said to you and sends you your refund.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #12 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I just want to play devils advocate for a minute and say that she does NOT fight fish. I don't know how that wound got on that fish but please don't make that accusation on a public forum.
No I dont mean like if she fought him for fun or sick amusement I mean like maybe one of his siblings jumped into his container and got into a spat and from where it's positioned it's hard to see so maybe she didn't notice and he got an infection from it. I mean it's not entirely not possible right?

I'm not saying she did it I mean like so many things could have happened.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #13 
vilmarisv

I'm not going to specifically comment about your situation, I will reserve my opinion but when having fish shipped most sellers have DOA for express services and they will only replace your fish.
Some sellers will go the extra mile and cover even days after the fish arrived to be nice to the buyer but still you would have to pay shipping for the new fish.
It's important to read the fine print.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #14 
PewPewPew

I agree, just be careful with that. Maybe Ill request a mod (Teressaa! ;3!!) to merge your two comments. I dont think she fights them, either. I really dont.

Its possible, but his fins were in good shape so its doubtful. But I do agree with Jackie.

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt out of line for being like WTH?! When I got an email back. I didnt expect it and was saddened (genuinely). I had to bury that poor fish and I only knew him dead and cold. Poor guy. I wanted to give him a wonderful, happy life.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Rest in Peace and warmth little Pooter <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #15 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
I'm not going to specifically comment about your situation, I will reserve my opinion but when having fish shipped most sellers have DOA for express services and they will only replace your fish.
Some sellers will go the extra mile and cover even days after the fish arrived to be nice to the buyer but still you would have to pay shipping for the new fish.
It's important to read the fine print.
Yes, I understand. This isnt really my concern at the time, however; my biggest issue was the way I was replied to. I am concerned that perhaps some buyers have given good feedback under a threat similar to this.

The DOA thing isnt a concern at this point. Im not looking for a refund or replacement and honestly didnt expect one. I really just wanted answers.

I did read the fine print, thank you. (In it, after re-reading, she wasnt "even accepting priority orders past Sept.)

Went against her own. But I dont care, again, its the rudeness of the reply.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #16 
TheCrysCat

Naw, I'd be *very* taken aback if I got an email like that :/ I saw pics of him, and I'm genuinely sorry you didn't get to have him.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #17 
PewPewPew

I know. I appreciate it, Crys, I do. I wanted him really badly, he was gonna have a wonderful life.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #18 
TheCrysCat

He would've, too :( Ah well, it was out of your control. I guess this just means that you're destined for some other fish, who'll no doubt get as lovely a home as he would have.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #19 
Sakura8

I reread your e-mail to Jen several times and I've got to say, she really overreacted (to say the least). I didn't see any insinuations whatsoever, just simple stating of the facts. In her reply, she didn't address any of those facts or concerns as a professional would, instead turning the entire situation around and blaming you. And even with priority shipping, I don't see why one more heatpack couldn't have been added. In fact, it makes sense to add more than one because you know the fish will be in transit longer than he would be if shipped Express.

I think you approached the situation very professionally and very civilly and I'm really sorry you were replied to in such an unreasonable manner. Best of luck getting it resolved and my sympathies also to your roommate, whose good intentions were mangled so by this experience.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #20 
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I reread your e-mail to Jen several times and I've got to say, she really overreacted (to say the least). I didn't see any insinuations whatsoever, just simple stating of the facts. In her reply, she didn't address any of those facts or concerns as a professional would, instead turning the entire situation around and blaming you. And even with priority shipping, I don't see why one more heatpack couldn't have been added. In fact, it makes sense to add more than one because you know the fish will be in transit longer than he would be if shipped Express.

I think you approached the situation very professionally and very civilly and I'm really sorry you were replied to in such an unreasonable manner. Best of luck getting it resolved and my sympathies also to your roommate, whose good intentions were mangled so by this experience.
Thank you, Sakura! I appericate it.

ps. I'm the roommate. haha.
Summer is offline   Reply With Quote