Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #11 
peaches3221

WOAH! he's beautiful!!! i'm surprised his fins aren't torn up, all the HM's I see at petco/petsmart have shredded up fins from either fin rot or tail biting from being in such a small cup.
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #12 
mwalters400

Wow! I'd snatch him up in a minute. The picture's just a little fuzzy, but I don't see any evidence of fin rot - maybe at the lower rear edge of the anal fin?
mwalters400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #13 
xXGalaxyXx

Ooh my gosh, this boy's gorgeous <3 I wish I could find some nice betta's at my Petsmart, but here there aren't real HM's (they are all overpriced delta's, haha), most of them are either sick or dead, I have to move them all to find something nice the way they have them arranged, and I can't even see what color they are through the blue water (last time I got a Petsmart betta, I thought it was a bright clover green CT. Turns out it was a dark yellowish-orange VT with really bad finrot. x.x)
And that's my off-topic story about why I get all my fishies from Petco. :D
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #14 
BartTheFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGalaxyXx View Post
Ooh my gosh, this boy's gorgeous <3 I wish I could find some nice betta's at my Petsmart, but here there aren't real HM's (they are all overpriced delta's, haha), most of them are either sick or dead, I have to move them all to find something nice the way they have them arranged, and I can't even see what color they are through the blue water (last time I got a Petsmart betta, I thought it was a bright clover green CT. Turns out it was a dark yellowish-orange VT with really bad finrot. x.x)
Yikes... well, I just got a beautiful HM male from Petsmart. He is soo tiny though..
Name:  100_0351.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  69.9 KB
BartTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #15 
acadialover

wow,very pretty. where did you get the blue stuff, and what is it ??
Would love more pics of him. is he black ?
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #16 
BartTheFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
wow,very pretty. where did you get the blue stuff, and what is it ??
Would love more pics of him. is he black ?
The blue stuff is just small shell shaped beads for aquadic tanks, and he his blue/white/black. I was even told he might marble!
BartTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #17 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches3221 View Post
WOAH! he's beautiful!!! i'm surprised his fins aren't torn up, all the HM's I see at petco/petsmart have shredded up fins from either fin rot or tail biting from being in such a small cup.
I know, there where a few ones like him, who had the majority of their fins, but most of them had finrot or SBD issues :(
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #18 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalters400 View Post
Wow! I'd snatch him up in a minute. The picture's just a little fuzzy, but I don't see any evidence of fin rot - maybe at the lower rear edge of the anal fin?
He has early stages, my camer does not pick up color contrast unless in direct sun (like black next to white/yellow) the tip of his tail (caudal fin) has it slightly near the top, there is a small bit of fin loss, but its not major
Old 12-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGalaxyXx View Post
I know, I wasnt expecting to fine a nice looking dude.... especially not a yellow guy!
the water for all of them had a faint blue tint... though I did notice all of the VTs and a few of the CTs had DARK blue water :(
Old 12-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #20 
Sweeda88

I love big boys. =) My Sequin is huge. In his 5 gallon, he looks like what a regular sized fish looks like in a 2.5 gallon. He's big. =)
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote