Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #101 
SmokeNLark

I'm loving all these guys! I am actually going to a reptile show and getting a bearded dragon this weekend :D I'm so excited. I have never had a reptile. I have been reading nonstop and have almost everything I need. I've got a nice 20 long tank for him (as I'm getting a baby) and already got a 55 for in a few months. I want to get a different color, and my biggest issue is deciding what I like. haha. I guess I'll have to see what I fall in love with. :)
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #102 
nel3

i got some crickets today for my gecko. went to get 6 but the guy just took a pinch of crickets. i ended up with 17 of them and cost me 69c (for 6), looks like i got 11 free. i fed 2 immediately to the gecko after dusting 2 crickets. one medium-large and a small one. how many can i feed to him without getting MBD? i'll go through this lot and get another bunch in a few months with CGD served as the main meal for him.

lol the first criket was eaten butt first and was still alive before going down. the second one was luckier. he was all hyper after the feeding, we were on the floor and the crickets were chirping up on the table 4ft away. i think he wanted some more. i gave the crickets a pinch of betta flakes and tossed in some lettuce. how long will 15 crickets last me? the crickets are pretty helpless in the smallest KK possible (got it with the gecko upon purchase).

Last edited by nel3; 01-10-2012 at 04:55 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #103 
4mb3rNich0l3

I just adore pacman frogs :D I wanna get a ornate.

And I am in love with BOTH of these guys! I would LOVE a pair like this :p
4mb3rNich0l3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #104 
purplemuffin

Those are actually fantasy frogs! A hybrid between two different pacman frog species. I want some of those too!! :D Love the red!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #105 
4mb3rNich0l3

I know :). Pacman or fantasy, I love them both! I plan to get at least 1 red ornate(or fantasy) and a few axolotl's. Maybe get back into firebelly newts as well. We will see :D haha
4mb3rNich0l3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #106 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNLark View Post
I'm loving all these guys! I am actually going to a reptile show and getting a bearded dragon this weekend :D I'm so excited. I have never had a reptile. I have been reading nonstop and have almost everything I need. I've got a nice 20 long tank for him (as I'm getting a baby) and already got a 55 for in a few months. I want to get a different color, and my biggest issue is deciding what I like. haha. I guess I'll have to see what I fall in love with. :)
I used to have one! My mom found it on the sidewalk and nobody put up fliers lol. We didn't know much about them and couldn't house a proper tank, so we would let him out a lot during the day. Sometimes he would get to go outside.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #107 
purplemuffin

How AWESOME! Instead of using the skin of a reptile, this new company uses their shed skins and restores their natural colors to make products!

http://www.jkrgear.com/index.php

How cool! The best part is you can order a custom cover by sending in your own snake/large lizard sheds! :-O I could have my Maru's pattern or Nagini even as a phone cover, mouse pad, or snake hook. How awesome! And a lot of the money is donated to help promote venom research and reptile awareness! :D

I hope in the future purses, shoes, etc. will be made from sheds instead of skin! How cool. Snakes would be more like sheep and their wool rather than cows and their skin.

<3 I need to order one! If only I had an iphone 4(currently the only phone cover they make)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #108 
NoahG

That is cool! From all kinds of angles, really. Ah, I wish I could get one for my iPod...with the donation as well I'd be willing to pay more than I normally might be inclined to for a cover.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #109 
purplemuffin

The ipod touch and mousepads are actually what they are making next! I don't have an iphone 4 so I'm waiting (impatiently) for them to start selling the other products!

Hmmm and Nagini just shed a perfect shed... :)
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #110 
nel3

the idea can be seen as a bit creepy but i wouldnt mind such a thing.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote