Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #261 
nicolaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Wait so it is wild caught? That is pretty cool, though I have heard they can get depressed when put into captivity. That is just what I have heard PM will know for sure though.
Yes, he is.
nicolaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #262 
purplemuffin

Okay, I have some heads up. It's a really bad idea to keep the snake if you plan to release it. Although snakes don't have the ability to feel depressed they do get stressed--and wild animals come with lots of parasites that can get far worse with a stressed animal. We had to go through it with our ball python(we didn't realize he was wild caught when we got him) and he was quite the struggle to keep healthy. Now I know I can't stop you, but I have to warn you of the dangers of releasing an animal after keeping it for a long time.

Things in your home are different than in the specific area where the snake was found. Different pollens...different bacteria...different insects. Your snake will come into contact to things in your home that may or may not affect him. However, those things can really destroy other animals and plantlife. A disease that a snake is immune to can actually live within the snake--until it gets home and the disease spreads out to things it can affect(frogs, plants, mammals?)

Lots of bad things can happen. It sounds silly, but you'd be amazed at how easy it is for this to really happen.

If you plan to let it go, do so now. Keeping it 'until it gets too big' is just too irresponsible and puts a bad message out there describing herp keepers. If you really still want it(I can't stop you) at least find someone else to take it in months down the road, cause it won't be a good idea to release it then.

Now I know nothing about this species, but I saw people send you care sheets on herpcenter. Make sure you pay attention to them, cause this doesn't look like a beginner snake.

Snakes generally will eat an appropriate size meal(as wide as the widest part of the snake) a week.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #263 
bettafish15

+1 to purplemuffin. Taking animals out of their natural habitat and then putting them back isn't as simple and harmless as it seems.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #264 
nicolaas

He ate his first two frogs, the blood was dripping from his lips and the two feet sticking out of his mouth wen I got there.
I could not get a pic, it was to late.

But this means that he is at home.
nicolaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #265 
nel3

i got some wter cubes for my crickets, i got tired of filling it up every single day with water. i got more than enough for all the crickets for several months. would a crestie eat the water cubes? i know they mainly lick the walls and leaves for water but dont know if they go for cubes also.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #266 
nel3

its moving day for my gecko. he's reached 16g and the 18'' cube terrarium (25g). the hygrometer needed aq silicon to adhere to the terrarium wall as the glue was lost on the 3.4g KK. its been misted and i put down some CGD on the paper towel bedding to scent it. the gecko goes in tomorrow. ive been able to hand feed him to an extent by holding the milk jug cap (feeding plate) in from of him.

on a even better note, now that the kk will be vacated i will be able put the new CT from the 1g tank into the 3.4kk.

Last edited by nel3; 04-07-2012 at 08:31 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #267 
betta lover1507

here's our snakes and there names:

these our latest snakes.
PLANS:
my brother and dad are planning on mating Weba and Durgo, but right now Weba is Ill. there are actually planning on getting a pinstripe female or a pair of pastels. there also going to try to get scythe to mate this year too.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #268 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

My poor ball python has had cracked eye caps for maybe a year. I tried searching it online, I always searched "cracked eyelids" -stupid- its not from a shed, it's always there. Anyways I set up a "humid hide." Is this all I can do for him? He was usually pretty ignored for his first 2 years with us >_< we've had him for 8 years though, and nothing's ever been wrong with him, besides the eye caps.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #269 
Bettaluver4evr

This thread is fun! :D I have 2 leopard geckos, and they are my pride and joy when it comes to my critters. :)
Pepper is the first one, a super hypo tangerine carrot tail. :D I've had her for almost 11 months, and I got her as a rescue petco leo. She was just SOO small compared to all of the others, only 3" and can't have been more than 2 weeks. She hates being held but she's hysterical. Her favorite foods are crickets and waxworms (but the waxworms are only treats!) and she is my little hunter. She never bites but does fidget a bit when you hold her. :) Love her! I think she's gorgeous. Picked her up last may.
My second leo is named Biffles, which is what BFFL (best friends for life) would sound like as a word. Joke from my best guy friend. :) I got her at the end of November. She's also from petco. It took alot of begging to my dad for me to get her, but she was more than worth it. She is a tremper albino and she is the SWEETEST thing. She literally crawls right in my hand every time I put it in, she just loves being out and held and she loves exploring on my bed. The mark on her side is a scar from her time at petco.
The last pic is of their tank, with a cool hide, moist hide, warm hide, wooden log, thermometer, hygrometer, electric heat mat thermometer, heat mat, calcium and a water dish. The tank is 36" by 12" by 12" with a lock on lid.
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #270 
betta lover1507

we got two that are ill, the spider passed away :'( we got a het ghost (female) and a albino (male). i never got a picture of the het yet, but i have some of the albino i named "Blaze":

the first one is Blaze with the Pastel "Durgo"
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote