Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #271 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lol I named my snake Blaze in grade 6. But then I changed it to Snake. Much more effective IMO.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #272 
nel3

my gecko met one of my CT just 30 minutes ago. i took the gecko out of the terrarium for cleaning purposes and walked around with him. i had the scale near the 1g tank for my CT. the ct will get the 3.4g in a few days. my gecko jumped and climbed the 1g tank exterior wall twice. the betta was curiuos but didnt flare at him. shouldve taken a pic but didnt have the camera out atm. the gecko is still 16g though the scale did go to 19g for a second. he hasnt eaten sincethe 7th march upon his tank upgrade but he hasnt lost any weight yet.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #273 
betta lover1507

haha silly gecko ;p i love Blaze a lot, i've always liked albino animals (i like white things, though albino snakes are yellow, lol) XP
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #274 
nel3

lol its a bit either coincidental or ironic but the night i cleaned his tank he decided to eat. i had held the plastic dish in front of him during the day when handling but no luck. he ate 1.5 dimes worth of food that night. he usually has that same amount every 2 days. he's not too much on pigging out at this stage.

albinos are a bit weird but very cool. albino alligators are even cooler but the food budget would be astronomical.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #275 
Wolfie305

Ugggggh. My friend has a friend who I believe is breeding Chameleons and said friend purchased two from them. She has been posting videos and telling me that they are generally low maintenance and I want one so bad >_> Parents would kill me...
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #276 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Chameleons really aren't the best beginner reptiles.. They need pretty big enclosures when full grown, and most really aren't good for touching or holding, many don't even like you watching them.
Get a leopard gecko :3
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #277 
Wolfie305

I don't mind not being able to touch or hold them, I just want to help my friend's friend out because I guess he has a bunch that need homes (found out he didn't breed them, he rescued them from terrible conditions. He is a very responsible reptile keeper and owns a little shop/rescue).

They were telling me about their requirements and everything, which was fascinating to learn (they need screen cages because they don't do good at all in tanks and whatnot).

Definitely something I would consider for when I move out, assuming they haven't gone to good homes yet (he has 25 of them!!!). I've owned and cared for reptiles before (bearded dragon, turtles, geckos), so I'm not super new to it. Its just been a bit :P
Old 04-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #278 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh yea. They like really tall enclosures.. And usually screen is better since they need good ventilation. However I've seen glass done, these were enormous and custom built with good ventilation though.
What species are they?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #279 
Wolfie305

Yeah, I've been researching them and saw they liked the tall enclosures, which is really cool (I think they look nice).

Good question, I want to know that too. I'll ask them right now lawls.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #280 
Wolfie305

They are Jackson's. Unsure of their subspecies.