Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #341 
lvandert

my friend just got two of them from a breeder. He was kinda her friend and what not so she got them cheap. He's also teaching her how to breed them so when hers grow up she can.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #342 
betta lover1507

we got 3 new snakes, a yellow belly hatchling male (scared, and mean) names "Yogi" (like yogi bear XP), a pastel adult female named "Sissy", and they gave me a normal adult female i named "Sophie".
Sophie is 1300 grams and will be ready to breed this year (with Durgo, our super pastel/pastel) and she has a probably of being a het of something, AND SHE IS SOO FRIENDLY :D she loves people and attention, i left on my bed this mourning so i could tend to my plants on my window, and she wanted to be closer to me, and she fell off the bed towards me she got a bit hurt but she was fine, and she is the heaviest ball python i have ever carried, i held a bigger snake before (red tail boa) but i love her alot, but still feel a empty feeling in me for pursey that will never be replaced :( i'll pull up pics later
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #343 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I bought my boy a new cave today (so much better than an upside down plastic bowl) and a heat lamp, that is a little too hot. I need to find a way to get it further above the tank. Ugh.
My BP LOVES to climb, but he's always falling off the top branches (we gave him a tall tank so he can climb more) xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 PM   #344 
betta lover1507

here's pics:

^^ sophie is the big one on top, and melissa is the small one on the bottom

^^ sophie is the black eyed, and Durgo is the green eyed

^^ she is the biggest one, lol
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #345 
lvandert

Cute!!! My little one is still jsut a little guy, therefore very energetic. He hasn't reached the lazy stage.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #346 
betta lover1507

thanks :D we actually have 3 more ball pythons a albino male, a female pastel, and a lesser male pythons, but there in quarantine because they have illnesses, where not sure about the female but she might have scale rot (we aren't fully sure)
Old 05-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #347 
lvandert

sad day. I guess I've been lucky with my boy, no issues, yet...Well one, he seems to hate water, unless he's thirsty
Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #348 
betta lover1507

they where bought like that :( the pastel girl looks mighty neglected or beaten up :'( it breaks my heart to see a girl that has a chance of rot on her tail and a bruise right under her mouth
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #349 
LionCalie

Looks like I'm adopting a tiny juvenile Crested Gecko off Craigslist today. From the pictures he looks to be quite underweight. You can actually see his spine sticking out from his back. I will likely send a fecal test to the vet to rule out parasites, but I'm guessing it is just neglect. Hopefully he is in better shape than I'm anticipating. This will be my 2nd Crested Gecko and 1st Juvie. I am used to my big 6 year old guy, Taji, so this will be a whole new experience. I'm very excited though.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #350 
skelator

i currently have 2 adult corn snakes. ones just a amelanistic (red albino) and the other is a butter motley. they both have never struck at anyone but their very different snakes as far as personality. the butter will fully submerge in the water bowl. the amel will only drink from it. when you hold the amel he almost crushes you its like hes hanging on for dear life haha. the butter is like a wet noodle. they are both very cool snakes.

in the past ive had a green iguana, he likes 10-11 years then died of old age. you could pet him but as he got older he didnt like to be picked up one bit.

i had a bearded dragon for maybe4-5 years and he just up and died outta nowhere.

i also had an alligator for 2-3 years. i had 2 different ones in that time span. that was actually a very easy pet to take care of. just when you had to clean the tank you had to made sure you were quicker than him when you were getting him lol. when my first daughter started crawling around my buddy took him. i didnt want it in the house with a baby id never forgive myself if something ever happened.
skelator is offline   Reply With Quote