Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #81 
Sena Hansler

I was going to adopt ut Shiloh until he began tail biting. So now I keep him.
and a bigger tank is fine, as long as you keep the water level lower, then add a bit each day. see what she can take ad give her lots to rest on
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #82 
PixelatedPaint

I always quiz any potential adoption homes. I sort of screen them.AS to what a betta should have, water care and the like, also what they have to house them in. Ofcourse they never know that I will quiz them, to ensure no googling it is also done by phone. Unless I know them to be good betta owners then they get intensely quizzed.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #83 
Sena Hansler

true lol. All the adopters I got, had 3-20 gallons at home o.o One man, took 2 bettas, one for a 10 and another for the 20, both cycled and sitting without fishies. Another lady, had I think 5 gallons, and the other also had 5 gallons. My friend had 10 gallons :) All had heaters too!! which for me, the size of tank doesn't matter as long as it can be heated safely to a betta's liking
Old 12-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #84 
PixelatedPaint

I also quiz for betta tank mates...a lot have started to put bettas in community tanks, I am one as well, and I check to see if they do research before buying. The last person I want to adopt one of my rescues is a spontaneous buyer. I've even gone as far as having them send pics of the set ups. xD Because I do not charge for them most will humor me and send. They are guaranteed healthy as well. xDno stress!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #85 
Sena Hansler

same I won't send out sick bettas, "with exception of chronic issues such as cancer, tumors, or other illnesses, as long as the rescue provides all illness history, and the adopter is willing and able to aid the fish in their life span" That way they KNOW the betta has a tumor, they KNOW the betta has a bent spine and needs shallow water....
Old 12-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #86 
PixelatedPaint

yes, but i have a soft spot for those so I seldom adopt out.xD
Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #87 
gossipgirl1031

Me too! I have yet to actually adopt any of mine out, since more than likely it'll be the babies & the juvies first. They need to get older & stronger. I'm only willing to adopt to people I know so far...and I would do a home check. I would need to make sure they are educated and that I am comfortable with the set up and any other pets.

I just got home from all my errands and exchanged Mag's tank along with getting her some more decor and a little leaf that suctions to the tank wall so that she could rest on it. I have no idea if she'll like it or even use it, but it was only $3, so may as well. Now off to perform water changes and do the babies' afternoon meal.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #88 
PixelatedPaint

oh goody goody. Take some pics of her in her new home ok?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #89 
gossipgirl1031

She is in her new temporary home (at least for the next 10 days while I have to do daily water changes and really monitor temp). Mags seems to like it and has been checking out the little "hammock". If after her AQ treatment is done and she's doing well, she'll get moved to the 2 gallon hex. It's a little tall, so we'll have to see how she does swimming in there. I just finished cleaning 6 tanks (another reason why we are keeping tank size a little small right now-time consuming). I'll try and get a pic of her when her stripes go down a bit. It's not the best tank or her permanent home, but hopefully it will work for now and be a good QT later on.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #90 
Silverfang

That's so awesome you do rescues. If I rescued all the fish who needed it here in town I'd be broke and go mad before they all got homes
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote