Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #1 
Rosso1011

Holidays

So, the holiday season is definitely here or nearing. I would like to know what holidays you celebrate, what your holiday traditions are, and also, what is your favorite holiday?
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

My favorite Holiday besides Christmas is actually Halloween.

My holiday traditions include: Going to my aunt's house for gift exchanging and dinner, getting to open a few gifts on Christmas eve and having breakfast for dinner the night before.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #3 
Rosso1011

I love Halloween, but I also enjoy Easter. I love helping out with Easter egg hunts and deciding what would make the ultimate Easter basket.

My favorite tradition would have to be the the day after Christmas when we usually go to visit my sister and her kids. I do have a wonderful sister and a handful of nephews and a niece.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Probably Christmas. A long time ago we used to have big family get togethers but we don't do that any more. All the ones who did it all have died and the younger ones can't be bothered to get anyone together. I remember one Christmas when I was about 6 we were staying at my aunt's on Christmas Eve and in the middle of the night I thought I heard Santa Claus. lol I swear I heard sleighbells that night.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #5 
Rosso1011

DQ, my family has that same problem. We used to have more family get togethers around Thanksgiving and Christmas at my grandmother's house. We always made a special trip to go see my sister as well, since she had her kids.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

We moved here from Colorado because one of my great uncles told my mom that she needed to be near her family. We never see any of them! They never invite us over but if we invite them they'll come. I get so irritated with these yoyos. No one calls, no one comes by. Several of my cousins eat at a restaurant that is right across the street from us but do they ever call and ask us to join them or do they ever stop by? Heck, no!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #7 
Fermin

My tradition is putting 1500+ miles on my car every Christmas trying to visit my family and friends. Yay for lake effect snow and NYS Thruway closures!
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #8 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We moved here from Colorado because one of my great uncles told my mom that she needed to be near her family. We never see any of them! They never invite us over but if we invite them they'll come. I get so irritated with these yoyos. No one calls, no one comes by. Several of my cousins eat at a restaurant that is right across the street from us but do they ever call and ask us to join them or do they ever stop by? Heck, no!
I know the feeling. My some of my cousins and one of my uncles lives only a couple of hours away and we never get invites to see any of them on the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermin View Post
My tradition is putting 1500+ miles on my car every Christmas trying to visit my family and friends. Yay for lake effect snow and NYS Thruway closures!
1500+ miles. That's a lot! You must have a great family and friends.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

Yay for Christmas! (and the 3 month holiday surrounding it). We have church in the morning (I've got Part One in the Christmas band this year on tenor recorder, so I finally get to play a recognisable melody instead of wierd harmonies!), then home for Christmas lunch, maybe with some other Brits from church.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote