Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #1 
thejapanesezombie

My betta's new home

I didn't know if this is the right thread or not but I will try it anyways! I finally finished my tank and it's cycling fish in :) but I wanted to show everyone his comfortable 5.5 gallon tank with hiding places! He has three plants and a cave, a betta leaf and a wonderful mini heater that keeps him comfortable at 80F.

I'd post a picture of him, but since the tank is cycling he's a bit stressed out/ has a stress stripe from my earlier water change/ gravel vacuume so I will leave him be!

thejapanesezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 AM   #2 
BeautifulBetta

Beautiful tank!! I love the decor :) Are you sure its a 5.5 gallon??? It looks more like a 10 gallon to me. Unless I'm just crazy, which is a good possibility LOL
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #3 
PixelatedPaint

Its the decor. You can make a 5.5 look far bigger depending on how you decorate it. I can tell from the filter because I have a similar one and it doesnt go that far down on my 10 gallons. The 5.5s are only a bit shorter and not as long as the 10s. Same basic proportions though.

I'm sure your betta is very happy in his new home. Its probably like a deluxe condo in comparison to what he met you in.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #4 
vilmarisv

Great set up! Plants and cave look very nice the way you've arranged them... I'm bad at aquascaping LOL!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #5 
Myates

Very pretty.. that's one lucky little guy!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #6 
mardi

Beautiful setup!!!
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #7 
thejapanesezombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Beautiful tank!! I love the decor :) Are you sure its a 5.5 gallon??? It looks more like a 10 gallon to me. Unless I'm just crazy, which is a good possibility LOL
Thank you so much! I appreciate it! I wasn't sure if I was going to over populate the tank space or not, but I wanted to make sure Aldo had plenty of places to hide! :P And yes! It's a topfin 5.5 gallon tank (fitted with a way better filter than what it came with LOL)
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #8 
thejapanesezombie

[quote=Its the decor. You can make a 5.5 look far bigger depending on how you decorate it. I can tell from the filter because I have a similar one and it doesnt go that far down on my 10 gallons. The 5.5s are only a bit shorter and not as long as the 10s. Same basic proportions though.

I'm sure your betta is very happy in his new home. Its probably like a deluxe condo in comparison to what he met you in.[/QUOTE]

You are right :P it's 5.5, my aquaclear filter kind of dips right down into the tank pretty far. Yeah, I wanted to give him a good life, although the petstore I got Aldo from takes extremely good care of their betta. Only store I ever saw bettas look so vibrant, healthy and active ever. It's because the store is privately owned. :D
Old 12-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #9 
thejapanesezombie

[quote=Great set up! Plants and cave look very nice the way you've arranged them... I'm bad at aquascaping LOL![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! :) I might have an eye for space because I'm a graphic designer (recently graduated actually) I bet your aquascaping is fine though! At first that cave, I wasn't sure if he used it, but I caught him last night backed up into it just resting with his head poking out LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #10 
thejapanesezombie

[quote=Very pretty.. that's one lucky little guy![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much :D I'm sure he likes it better than the one gallon I kept him in for a week and a half or the cup he was sold to me in @ . @ (although he was SO healthy when I bought him. What a rarity)

OMG what happened to all my text formatting @ . @ sorry guys!