Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #1 
SnowySurface

Meet me if you dare. O_O

I guess I'll start with the basics.

My name's Katrina and I'm 26 years old. My birthday is August 1 and my favorite color is purple. (So it figures that purple bettas are insanely rare. XD) I currently work for a pharmacuetical company as a Analytical Stability Scientist (I'm at the bottom as Scientist 1 at the moment). I moved out on my own recently, so I'm still getting used to budgetting for rent, food, utilities, ect. But I finally fill a living room with betta fish and bunnies(coming soon-ish eventually).

My hobbies are reading, music, knitting, betta fish care (obviously ^_^;), MMORPGs and video games, LARP, and travel. I have been interested with Japanese culture since middle school and study abroad in Nagoya Japan for a semester in colege. Now I'm slowly regaining the fluency I lost over the few years since graduation and will (hopefully) be fluent one day. Once I can speak Japanese, then I will try to figure out what I want to do with it.

I got into bettas because I impulsed brought African Dwarf Frogs my first Betta my Freshmen year of college. Rocky and Surface only lasted two weeks because I brought them sick without knowing it and wasn't told how to properly care for them. So me being the genius that I was at the time brought Sparkle from the same exact seller. Now I realize that selling bettas outside in unheated 1/2 bowls is cruel. But I believed the guy when he said bettas didn't need heaters or a lot of water. I'm not only surprised that Sparkle lasted as long as he did under my care but that I was stupid enough to listen to that guy a second time after his advice worked so well for the dwarf frogs.

So Sparkle was the beginning of an obsession with betta fish and the realization that I should research my pets before buying them. Before this site, I was using betta books and BettaTalk.com for betta info. I still hop on BettaTalk from time to time but I've mainly been here since joining the forum.
SnowySurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Nice to meet you Katrina.....happy you are enjoying the forum and have found it helpful....and what an interesting job......sometimes I wish I knew a second language...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Katrina,

I'm glad that you found the info. necessary to keep a healty betta here :)

I would have failed miserably with a lot of my freshwater friends without this forum so I know exactly what you're talking about here... :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hi Katrina. It's nice to have an opportunity to get to know you better. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #5 
Rosso1011

Nice to meet you, Katrina. Wow, learning japanese. That sounds difficult. Glad you are finding more success with betta keeping. Thanks for the introduction!
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #6 
tpocicat

Welcome to the forum Katrina. Welcome to the forum.
I, too joined when I found that almost every time I searched on a Betta topic, this forum kept popping up!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #7 
onefish2fish

hi katrina

what are mmorpgs? lol
onefish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #8 
Salamandair

Nice to meet you, Katrina!

What kind of MMORPGs do you play? I'm a fellow MMORPG player myself!
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 AM   #9 
mardi

Hello, Katrina!

It was really nice reading your into, since we're both the same age and leo's. I've also moved into a new place recently and would really love to have a Bunny someday as well.

Welcome! And I hope you don't mind but, if I can figure out how to, I'd like to add you as a friend on here.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Go to her profile page and on the right side there will be something that says befriend Snowtsurface and go from there.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote