Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Talking Pitgurl....

Hello my fellow betta addicts ...

My name is Autumn and I'm 32 yrs old. I live in North Alabama but grew up in Florida(no stalkers please). I have a partner as we refer to each other. We have been together for 5 years. We have no plans to be married and neither of us want kids. We currently are living with his mom, a temprorary situation. I'm a bit of an introvert and some people would say I'm a bit odd. Truth is I just march to the beat of my own drum. I'm a vegetarian and have been since I was 12. I have two tattoos, one on my wrist and one on my lower back. I consider myself Spiritual and have studied many religions. I love Ireland and Celtic history. Some of my hobbies are drawing, reading and I love to be out in nature so I spend a lot of time exploring the woods. I'm currently working full time at a Pet Resort.

I've been an animal lover my whole life. As a kid I'd watch Wild America over cartoons an day. I always had some kind of pet growing up, dogs, cats, reptiles, birds, rodents and of course fish. I started taking riding lessons at the age of eight and my obsesson with horses began. I was 15 when I got my first horse, an Appaloosa named "Spot". I had him for seven years before I tragically lost him to cancer . I've had a couple horses over the years, my last being a Percheron cross. Due to an unexpected job loss I had to find him a new home. I will have horses again at some point, that is a passion that never leaves you. I have a love for pit bulls and work with some local rescues to help educate people about bully breeds and help find homes or fosters for then many homless pits out there. I currently own a black cat named Koga and of course my many finned friends.

As for my betta obsession...My first betta was a red VT named Flame. He lived on my moms panio in a one gallon tank. He probably got his water changed once a week and had no heater. He lived almost 3 years. I've had many bettas over the years and some goldies here and there. I took a long break from owning fish and then I decided to get a betta for my work and it all went downhill from there, lol.

Well that about sums it up, my life in a nutshell .

This is me....
Attached Images

Last edited by PitGurl; 12-11-2011 at 02:36 PM.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #2 
Myates

Aww loved reading your story :)

You are very right, a passion for horses (or any animal for that matter) is something that just never leaves you. I grew up around horses and they have been pretty much my favorite animal (outside of marine life) since I was about 4. I hope that one day you will be able to have them again.. as there is nothing better then riding a horse bareback at a gallop, wind in your hair and the beating of the hooves..

And thank you for sharing your love of pits.. they need good people like you to represent them.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Nice to meet you Autumn......I love reading and learning more about our members....

I understand your love of horses as well......while I can't ride any longer due to my health.....I still keep one horse....I can't give him up or the faith I have in one day being well enough so I can ride again....you must have faith and hope.....At least I can still go out and "scratch -n-sniff" every day and I do when I feel well enough.....
The smell of a horse...the feel of his breath on my face-the touch and gazing in his eyes is intoxicating......only a true horse lover understands how it can make you feel......lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice to meet you, Autumn.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote