Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #1 
lulupie

Egyptian or Japaness theme?

I want either of those themes but I cant find anything thats nice for my 2.5g can you guys recommend some websites to go to please :)?
lulupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #2 
kfryman

i think that a Japanese theme would be easier to find decor for. http://www.petsmart.com/family/index...+1|Asian&fbx=0 I just looked on Petsmart. Beware of the brown round budha another member had a bunch of air bubbles form under the paint.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #3 
lulupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
i think that a Japanese theme would be easier to find decor for. http://www.petsmart.com/family/index...+1|Asian&fbx=0 I just looked on Petsmart. Beware of the brown round budha another member had a bunch of air bubbles form under the paint.
yeah i heard that too about the budha but thank you i take a look now :)
Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #4 
kfryman

Alright I just wanted to make sure, there is a sphinx too but just one. I hope the theme works out. One thing you could try is bamboo sticks not the plant just sticks. Like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubYMbtL23E
Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #5 
lulupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Alright I just wanted to make sure, there is a sphinx too but just one. I hope the theme works out. One thing you could try is bamboo sticks not the plant just sticks. Like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubYMbtL23E
that looks amazing , do you know where i can find a good one that would not harm the fish?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #6 
kfryman

I don't know if the bamboo sticks from the stores are treated with chemicals. Maybe by the potting stuff as a thing to help support plants maybe. Check hardware stores they probably have some too.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #7 
erinandares

I just got in a big order of stuff from allpet.com.... I got decor for all my tanks and upgraded my little special needs guy to a 2.5 gal. You can look there. The shipping was a lot faster than I thought it would be, and I got everything I ordered from thursday here this morning. :o
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #8 
Mart2289

It's easy to find decoration for an Asian theme but the Egyptians theme is more original in my opinion. You could find a little pyramid and use sand as a substrate to mimic a desert.
Mart2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #9 
Bombalurina

I prefer the Japanese theme - there are some nice Egyptian decorations out there but a lot of them look really tacky. Japanese ones generally look nicer and make a tank so relaxing. Have a look at Acumen Aquatics on facebook - she has some absolutely gorgeous Japanese decor and it's all safe for betta fins. :) I have a buddah, a bridge and an Asian pagoda from there, and it looks lovely.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #10 
Rosso1011

Japanese themed would be easier to find decor for. I have a done a Japanese themed aquarium. I used polished pebbles (looks very natural), a temple (not telling you which one), some medium sized river rocks, and artificial plants. You would have to be careful with placing river rocks though, as to not create a catch point for your betta.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote