Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Malaysian Trumpet Snails

I have an army of MTS growing in my community tank so it's time to cull some back. I always feel bad culling them so I figure I'll offer them up for grabs here first.

I have 15ish adult MTS and an unknown number of newborns..yes newborns.. this species actually gives birth to their young instead of laying eggs. The newborn snails are about the size of a needle head but they grow.

MTS live mostly under the substrate so they are EXCELLENT for planted and sand-substrate tanks because they aerate the soil which brings nutrients to plant roots and prevents dangerous gas bubbles in sand tanks. They also do a fine job keeping algae down and taking care of uneaten fish food. I keep some in all of my planted tanks as well as my spawning/fry tanks.

I'm offering the lot for $2 plus shipping. Shipping will be $3 in a padded envelope but live arrival is NOT guaranteed because of the cold weather. If you want live arrival guarantee you're going to have to shell out $8 for a box and heat pack.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #2 
EvilVOG

I would buy them but this place turns arctic mid-November. And for $10 i can probably bribe a guy at the LPS to sell me some of their pest snails.

Will be passing through at the end of the month... how far is Savannah from I-75?
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Where I am... about 10ish miles off the interstate.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #4 
EvilVOG

well if you still have them as i'm driving back i could stop and grab them maybe. Only thing is, we drive all day and night so no telling what time that would be. Still not even sure when we're leaving, or coming back lol.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote