Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #1 
purplemuffin

Plant cuttings available after christmas?

Hey guys! After christmas I'm going to have some extra money to have a new tank...and I'm hoping all the holiday business has kept some of you from trimming the plants in a few of your tanks... I'd like to purchase some!

I'm setting up a 55 gallon for axolotls. They don't like light, so I'm hoping to have some low light plants. (Here is the thing though. I can get away with higher light..if I have plenty of plants and caves for cover! So I will be keeping medium or slightly higher light plants in mind as well) Floating plants, plants that are okay to plant, pond plants, or ones you have to attach to a rock, moss... Looking for just about everything. I'm really wanting to have a very fully planted tank. Now I know no one is going to have enough clippings to stock a 55 gallon tank, but if shipping is low enough, I can purchase from 3-4 different people who have different plants.. :)

After the holidays if you think you'll have some things up for sale, shoot me a pm!

This isn't going to be a naturally planted tank, these axolotls are known to be substrate eaters. Though plants needed to be planted in soil CAN be, and I'll just have the soil surrounded/partially covered by stones to prevent axies munching on the dirt! Though it will POSSIBLY have sand in the future--it's not good for baby axolotls, but plenty of adults do fine with very fine playsand.

It's also going to be a cold water tank...So uh, I guess nothing that requires warm water.

I will have a few months to allow the tank to cycle so I will also have time to let plants grow in... But man, I'll show you my inspiration!

yes..I want..Plants...

So send me a PM! Tell me how much you want... We'll figure out shipping... It's going to be fun!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #2 
DKRST

I'll have lots of Frogbit, pretty much whenever you'd like some. I typically send as much as I can cram into a small flat-rate size box (without crushing) for $10. The last, and only(!) time I counted how many plants that actually was, it was well over 30 individual plants, most quarter-size or larger.
DKRST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #3 
kfryman

For the frogbit is the $10 for just plants? And also I may be interested, but does it spread like duckweed. I too am getting a 10 gallon or hope I am, so I want floating plants.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #4 
mernincrazy8525

java moss is always a good cold water plant. i have tons of it and I would be happy to send you. what price is good for you? and i also have bamboo so just send me a pm
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #5 
mernincrazy8525

and in my 55 gallon i have set up a moss wall in the back that looks like this http://www.aquamoss.net/Taiwan-Moss/Taiwan-Moss.htm
here is how to make one. i found it very helpful and the result was breathtaking
http://www.aquamoss.net/How%20to%20c...oss%20wall.htm
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

I was actually just looking up frogbit! That would be great, I've heard floating plants are really really nice for eating up ammonia!

And that moss wall is TOO cool!! I really might be interested in some! :D I don't know what is a good price to ask, I'm sorry! I don't even know if you have enough for me to at least start a moss wall like that, or what amount you'd be selling. :D

I don't care if the frogbit overtakes almost the whole surface, if anything it will provide some shade for the axolotls below, and I can always scoop it out and give it away to friends with tanks!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #7 
LittleBettas

Id be interested in some moss to.... but NO clue either on what a good price woule be... for shipping AND the plant?
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote