Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #1 
Elsewhere

Smile Elsewhere's Guinea Pig Journal

My other journal is already full of pages and topics, so I thought I would start a thread about the guinea pigs I will (hopefully) soon be getting! I'm pretty sure it's happening, just awaiting the 'official go ahead' in about three weeks from now.

I'll be rescuing two incredibly adorable male guinea pigs, pics to come later, whose names I do not yet know. I may rename them, depending on what they are and what the rescue owner says about it, but they are just adorable! I would post pics here, but they aren't mine and I don't want to put them up without permission.

I'll he housing them in a C&C cage, two by four grids, hopefully with a little loft, depending on how many grids I end up getting. They bedding will be newspaper, covered in kiln dried pine, with sections covered in hay, if not all of it, depending on how much I get. I'll have igloos for hiding and some kind of chewing hide as well.

I'm so excited about this! If anyone has any kind of advice, tell me everything you know!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #2 
Elsewhere

So I officially have two guinea pigs on reserve from a rescue! I'll be getting them three weeks from yesterday. One is a Peruvian with light and dark bright fur, and his name will be Wilfred. The other is white with brown over his eyes, short fur, and his will be Percival, or Percy. I'm considering a third one as well.

Someone has an ad in Kijiji about five or six guinea pigs they found abandoned on a street corner, in -20 weather. They took them in and are taking great care of them, so I've offered to take in a male for them, if there are any. I would be willing to make a bigger cage for this guy, since he's had such a hard life. I really hope it all works out!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #3 
Quinn

Congrats! So glad its working out. Can't wait to see pics of your set up and piggies :)
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #4 
Elsewhere

Thanks Quinn! I still haven't gotten the piggies, two weeks from this Sunday! Woohoo! I can't wait to get them! I'm not getting a third one, as far as I know, but I haven't seen any of the other pigs yet, haha! All that there is to update for now!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #5 
Elsewhere

My mum has officially approved of the piggies! I can't wait to get them in a couple of weeks!

Wilfred:

Percival:

Old 01-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #6 
Elsewhere

Today I ordered the cage part of the C&C, and it should be here in 10-16 days! Woohoo! Hopefully ten rather than sixteen. It was pricey, eighty bucks, but ordering it from the states would have cost me about forty bucks plus provincial tax, HST, shipping fees, delivery fees AND border fees. Yeah. How about no? :P So instead it's coming from Home Depot online, apparently not in the store at all. Only eight bucks extra for shipping, so it isn't that bad.

I'm hoping next weeks I can get out to buy the shavings and the hay for the little guys. I can't get the coroplast until I get the cage, though, because I still don't have exact measurements and can't be sure of cage size.

Anyways, exciting stuff going on, and I can't wait to get all of this rolling!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #7 
Elsewhere

Went out and bought them some food today, along with one water bottle, some eating bowls and some cable ties for the cage. Calling about bedding to a farm supply store soon! Can't wait for the Sunday after next!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #8 
Elsewhere

The boys are doing well according to the rescue woman, and I can't wait for more pics! I've decided to go with a fleece bedding rather than pine shavings. It'll be much easier and cost effect cleaning wise. Hopefully those cage parts come in soon!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #9 
Quinn

Aww congrats, they are super cute!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #10 
MarcyT

Congratulations! They are soooo adorable! They are lucky to have such a good piggie owner. :) Wilfred looks a lot like my first piggie.
MarcyT is offline   Reply With Quote