Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #1 
copperarabian

Rosie my cockatoo

We all new this would come one day, I love my bird so much I can't help but post her everywhere lol

She also has a Tumblr blog http://www.tumblr.com/blog/rosiethegalah
and I made a video with a bunch of her photo's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g_LhoxVtOA

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #2 
copperarabian

I also have a cockatiel named Dante :)

Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #3 
diablo13

Aw, they're both so cute! I like birds with crest, in Cockatoos, at least to me, it looks like they have weird afros when they do it <3
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:08 AM   #4 
bettalover2033

Wow! Your birds are so pretty. I love the pink color on the first one. IYO do you think that all birds have their own personality? Also, was it a fortune to pay for the first one or the second one?

I was thinking of getting a bird myself and so far cocatoo & cockatiels are my favorite! Yours just make me want them even more!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #5 
SDragon

very pretty birds.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #6 
peaches3221

CUTENESSS!!!!!11!abddhwdkwhdbhdbdwhdbhwbd
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #7 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Wow! Your birds are so pretty. I love the pink color on the first one. IYO do you think that all birds have their own personality? Also, was it a fortune to pay for the first one or the second one?

I was thinking of getting a bird myself and so far cockatoo & cockatiels are my favorite! Yours just make me want them even more!
They totally have individual personality's, large parrots have the intelligence of 3-5 year old, but the mental capacity of a 2 year old. There have been tons of studies, and for birds that pick up human speech well(like African grays) can actually have conversations with them. A lot of pet birds even think they're people, which can be sad. They'll choose they're human as they mate then be forced to watch the love of there life love someone else. Also, I've never met two birds with the same personality, they're all so different just like people.

Cockatiel's still have personality but they're not as intelligent. They can still be taught to do a bunch of stuff though, the males can learn words and even whistle entire songs and they can learn tricks.

Be careful with cockatoo's, do tons of research before buying one because they're hormonal, and unpredictable to a inexperienced person. They also go through puberty at about 3 years of age where they're very hormonal and a bite from a larger cockatoo will send you to the ER to get stitches.... or put your finger back on lol then you'll have to deal with a hormonal bird for a few months every year.

Luckily I didn't have to pay for Rosie, a Galah from a breeder cost $1,500-1,800, and at pet store they would be about $2,000. And Rosie's actually a dark morph Galah and I don't know how much they would cost because there's no breeders in the US(that I know of) that breeds them, and very little info about them overall. And cockatiels are pretty inexpensive, they cost $60-$120.

here's the what the normal and dark morph look like together

Normal

And here's rosie, next to a breeders bird they used to have

Old 12-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #8 
Mart2289

This is a beautiful cockatoo I never seen any that had pink on them!
Mart2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #9 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart2289 View Post
This is a beautiful cockatoo I never seen any that had pink on them!
There's a few pink cockatoo's, the Galah is the darkest pink though. Most people are used to only seeing the white cockatoo's.

Prepare yourself, tharrrr be pic spam water's off starboard

Moluccan (the largest of the white cockatoo's) is a very soft pink or orange, sometimes barely noticeable with a Salmon colored crest

and the major Mitchel has a striking crest

and the goffins has a little spot of pink on the face

Some also have red

red vented cockatoo

Goliath palm cockatoo have red faces

Red tailed black cockatoo

Male

Female

And lastly there's also yellow tailed black cockatoo
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #10 
bettalover2033

Well you've educated me a lot! My grandmother is a bird fiend! She has has a bird about 1 1/2 foot tall and also has trained her birds to dance, and say the normal things like hello, goodbye and I love you, ect.

In ignorance, I honestly thought that there weren't more than 1 kind of cockatoo. And I think i'll stick with the cockateil, if I ever do get one. When I was younger, I remeber being chased by one of my grandmother's horrible birds that were just knee high at times and I thought they were the birdy versions of godzilla and it could fry so that made it no easier to get away from.

Also I love the red vented cockatoo. He/she looks so smooth and sleek! Beautiful creatures they are!

Do you really have a leash on your cockateil? What if Rosie tries to fly away? How would you perch it on your hand/other place?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote