Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #1 
Pitluvs

Jack and Kris

Figured I would post this here, since they are really not an emergency.

Picked up two boys tonight while I was out at the pet store getting some Stress Coat. One is in horrible shape (referred to as a "Hughie" in our home" and the other would be in that shape in no time if he didn't come home. I figured it's the holiday season, they deserve a chance at a happy home for Christmas. I don't plan on keeping these boys, but rather help them get better and find them new homes.

First is Jack... I have NO idea what color he is but he's certainly a VT. He's the better off of the two, bad Swim Bladder Disease but he's able to swim a bit. He's forever at the top of his tank, looking pathetic. He's been there at least a month. His color is washed out, kinda creme with black outlined scales. Best is, a washed out Chocolate. The video makes him look orange/yellow. I'll get better photos once I track down my camera (thank you Children).

Second is Kris. Now Kris is quite upsetting to see. Any Betta lover would tear up at the sight of him. He has severe SBD, he's floating at the top with his body turned sideways. He has LOTS of spunk left in him though, I hold hope he will make a full recovery. He reminds me of Hughie, as Hughie was our second Betta which came to us in the same manner. Going to give the little guy something to prop himself on tonight so he can save his energy. I remember poor Hughie used to wedge himself between the thermometer and the tank. Anyways, a couple of prayers for him would be appreciated!

Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #2 
mardi

Ahhhh..

Tis' the season for second chances!

They are both beautiful and in my thoughts. Please keep me posted on ther progress, and I would love to see more pictures; once you track down that renegade camera, of course.

Merry Christmas Jack and Kris!
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #3 
Pitluvs

Thanks mardi! Good news, Jack is swimming fine already, now watching Kris and hoping for improvement :)
Old 12-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #4 
Myates

I want them... awww.. you're such a good person Pitluvs :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

Poor little Jack is so unsure of what's going on, his eyes nearly popped out of his head last night when my dog jumped up to see what was in the tank lol He's feeling good this morning. Kris still has a way to go :(

Thank you guys :) I just couldn't bare to see them like that in a store that won't treat them. Every fish deserves to feel as good as my boys do :)
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #6 
Myates

Hehe cute..

I have to agree, it is hard to see them like that. Whenever I go and look I have to tear myself away because I want to take all that need help home with me. I think it's great that you are able to do so- to help them become healthy and happy, and then be able to find them a good home :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #7 
Pitluvs

Yeah, there were 2 others there that could have used the help but I figured I'd take the worst off two home. I may have one home lined up already :)
Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #8 
Tikibirds

I got one from petco with bad SBD. He was trying so hard to swim but it only resulted in his trashing around in his cup. 2 hrs in epsom and he was fine
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #9 
Pitluvs

It's been almost 24h and no real change with Kris :( Hughie took 17 days of Epsom salts before he could swim :( Lucky you Tiki!

Ok, I have a few pictures of Jack. Crappy camera phone, I cannot find my camera still. Urgh. Maybe I'll ask for a new one from Santa!

And this is closest to his color as I can get, not yellow, not orange, not brown and not white... almost a blonde! haha

Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #10 
NoahG

I've been thinking about these two: hopefully Kris improves! Jack's a nice-looking fish, too.

There's been some betta I've seen that needed some medical attention that I still think about and wish I had just grabbed. A likely bloat case, one guy with a single popeye (if I remember correctly he appeared to be a white marble CT), one that appeared to have some sort of fungus, another with a bent spine...not sure as I would have been able to do much with the latter two (and the first I recall seeing), but I guess they'd have at least gotten out of their cups.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote