Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

The way I see it, at least they come home and die in a warm cozy tank and were loved :) These guys cost me $10 with tax, it's worth it to me. Although, I have way too many tanks right now!! (Nine) Thank you though! I am not too keen on Jack's color, but just found out he is a Pineapple, maybe a diluted one but we'll see once he's all plump and healthy. If this goes well, I may take a few home every month and rehome them :)

I hold hope Kris will improve, Hughie was this bad when he came home... he did great but needed many many days of Epsom salt. Thankfully, Kris has Indian Almond Leaves, Hughie never did...

This was Hughie a few days after coming home....

Hughie now :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #12 
mardi

So glad to hear that Jack is doing well!

I do hope Kris gets better soon. I know it's hard to see him like that. Hughie looks AMAZING! And his hospital tank is also the same first tank I used for my Bowie; I now use the detachable plastic part to house him during water changes.

Do keep the updates coming! Let Kris know there's a lady in Florida rooting for him.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #13 
NoahG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
The way I see it, at least they come home and die in a warm cozy tank and were loved :)
That's what I figure as well. The reason I hesitated for the most part (aside from the first two -- I didn't have anything yet when I saw the fungus case and the bent spine case, though I imagined the bent spine guy would ultimately just need a lower water level while life still seemed to be going well for him) was with being new and deciding to research first. By the time I decided I would get and treat the popeye case and was able to get down there he was gone. The bloat case seemed to get better after a few days (I was keeping an eye on him) but I'm not ultimately sure what happened with him...

I think next time I'll just grab the fish and go from there.

Well, I think Jack's a handsome guy with a neat color, haha.

So you might start your own betta rescue then? That'd be neat Sort of like the starfish story in a way.

Hughie's a handsome guy, too! Not to mention, what a turnaround! Hopefully Kris will have the same fortune
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #14 
Pitluvs

Kris is swimming!!

We lost our power last night for 3h, so I wrapped Kris' little 0.5 with 1/4 water in children's bath robes since it would get cold quickly. This afternoon, I opened it back up and took him out. He wasn't on the top of the water, he's free swimming <3 He's upgrading to a full 0.5g, then we'll move to a 1g when he's on salt free water. Yay!!!! I'll get photos soon!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #15 
NoahG

Awesome!! Looks like all the people rooting for him helped, haha -- that's great news!
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #16 
Pitluvs

Yes, positive vibes certainly helped! I have him before my 10g divided, hoping the activity and flaring will help keep things moving along. He's still having some issues with buoyantcy but he's doing amazing compared to last night.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #17 
fleetfish

T'is the season! Glad these fellas were taken home by you.

I have a few myself; a little PK with finrot and possible fight injuries (he's the one I'm worried about), and a very tiny CT named Tiny Tim.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #18 
mardi

Go Kris!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for him! I'm sure he'll only keep on getting better from here. Looking forward to seeing pictures. You are AWESOME, Pitluvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Kris is swimming!!

We lost our power last night for 3h, so I wrapped Kris' little 0.5 with 1/4 water in children's bath robes since it would get cold quickly. This afternoon, I opened it back up and took him out. He wasn't on the top of the water, he's free swimming <3 He's upgrading to a full 0.5g, then we'll move to a 1g when he's on salt free water. Yay!!!! I'll get photos soon!
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #19 
Pitluvs

Thanks guys!! Sadly, the little stinker is floating again today haha But at least whatever is blocking is moving along. He just started frozen foods to he should clear up again in no time :P They keep you on your toes!!

fleet, good luck with your babies :) I hopin and prayin they make 100% recoveries. I love the name Tiny Tim :)