Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #1 
Enbarr

Very excited!

Today, I was at Petco and I saw a gorgeous Halfmoon Double tail male betta and it was love at first sight. Spending my last bit of money I had left, I bought him! I acclimated him to his new tank, and now he's doing great! He's been a bit shy right now, so I was lucky to get a picture of him. Still, he's beautiful to watch! :) Here's a picture of the betta (which really doesn't do justice to his color- he's actually a beautiful sapphire blue) who I call Raphael:

Oh and I'm just curious, but will his tail grow longer or will it remain the same length as it is? I'm just curious because I've seen some double tail bettas with really long tails...

Last edited by Enbarr; 12-13-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Enbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #2 
Lighterman

Purdyy but I think the tail would only grow a little, maybe only 2-3 mm. The big boys you see on the internet are from offspring of the best to the best; pure HMs with tails as long as its bodies crossed with + quality Fullmoons (HMDT). The one you have is alot better then most petstore DT's out there. In fact, it looks also like it could be a short body DT, which might give the reason of its short tails. Coloring is pretty wide, blue, but maybe even marble sooner or later because of its white anal/dorsal fin streaks. ;D
Lighterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #3 
EvilVOG

Pet stores have fish from who knows where... most likely not breeders too concerned with form. So that guy could have any number of random genes from any number of different fin types. could be something like 50% pk, 25% dt, 25% hm or some other combination.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote