Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 
agent89201

Angry Questions on water conditioner and stupid heater

I just cleaned my betta's tank and I used the last gallon of distilled water for him. I got a small bottle of water conditioner so I could use my tap water instead (to cut down the cost and the errands). I saved the water jug and put water and the right amount of conditioner in there for next time. That's ok, right?

Also, I've gotten two different pre-set heaters from Pet Smart and neither of them seem to work (I have a thermometer that indicates the temp is in the 70s). I returned the first one and the second one is currently sitting on my desk waiting to be returned. Any suggestions about what kind of heater I should get and where I can get it? I'm really frustrated about it.
agent89201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #2 
EvilVOG

preset heaters suck. try getting something adjustable, 25w is usually the smallest one they sell that is.

yes the water should be ok but room temp. water is cold! My betta's room is at 80, and the unheated water i have in a bucket is 72! it's usually easiest to take your betta out, and fill his tank with proper temp water from the tap, and then condition it and maybe stir it a little. Unless it's a big tank, then you use like a bucket or something to transfer water.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conditioner, heater