Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #1 
iLikeBetta808

update and a small question!

so far i have figured out that the Petco brand thermometer that i have is a couple degrees off and Preset heaters make me frustrated.

i'm still trying to figure this water heater out, Hydor 7.5w heater (the one that looks like a heating pad). it works fine when the bottom is touching the wall or bottom of the tank, but when both sides have water around it or the bottom is exposed, it doesn't work that well. i'm planning to try again when i change the water tomorrow. i put a lamp over the water so it can heat the water a little.

i've been adding aquarium salt and stress coat (w/ daily water changes) because of the black tips of my betta's tail. the black tips have gotten a little worse than when i first got it.

idk if this is an issue but my betta keeps zooming around (like he's trying to find a way out) and then stops and floats in a spot for a couple of seconds, then repeats. could this be a problem?

i would also like to thank everyone that has answered my questions and given me advice!
iLikeBetta808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, heater problems