Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #1 
Laki

new discount online store!

My friend's mother just started up an online discount pet supplies store. I already checked it out and in Jan when I get my new student loan I'm SO ordering a heater (10$), medium kritter keeper (7$) and things for my cat and bunny. I didn't see any shipping rates, but maybe that's because I live in the same city but she does ship to Canada and USA. Here's the link: http://lovingmypets.com/

check it out guys :) She's got an amazing bulk selection of bunny hay (not that this is the place for that kind of enthusiasm! )

Neat ideas for desktop tanks but many are tall rather than wide (the Egyptian one) but cool anyhow! I think I'll stick to cheap Kritter Keeper tanks- since her prices are so good, keep your eyes peeled for my order to come in, because that means I can get another betta!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #2 
purplemuffin

Looks like some good deals! I'm a bit disappointed with the reptile section though. Lots of either unreliable or extremely dangerous items for sale...calcium sand, heat rocks, and the analogue thermometers/stick on thermometers that are almost never accurate, that stringy moss that kills frogs, walnut bedding.... I'm just going to assume she doesn't keep reptiles and probably chose all this stuff based on a list of things from a wholesale place. Most of that stuff is what stores tell you they have to sell/are good for animals but is really more of a death sentence sadly. I hate that the worst stuff is pushed so hard for reptiles. guess the same goes for all animals though. Betta coffins, pine bedding, unhealthy pellets or other processed pet foods.. Always what the new owners pick, too! Lol, but that's a personal rant I suppose.

I do wish her the best, she's not the only one selling these things. Just sadly not much I can purchase for my reptiles lol. Some of the smaller tanks would be nice if I start doing more small planted tanks and things!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #3 
Laki

I totally agree. Aside from you and me and countless others who actually researched the pets we have and can therefore choose the good items. Unfortunately I did ask my friend to suggest pulling some items like the seeds and pine (for rabbits) and the listings are off another site- I think she said her mother can list them (there's a lot of bulk items of interest to a pet supply store [like multiple packages of hamster cages]) and as people order off the site, she orders off the mother site?
I think that's the process of the ordering. And so to keep a healthy "variety" she will keep most up. So then I thought of providing bad reviews for dangerous products. I don't own reptiles but as I was browsing I did notice calcium sand for snakes and such was listed and I know off another forum how bad it is :/
But that's the will of the industry I suppose.
Mostly you will find bad products listed for every type of pet. Pig ears for dogs are everywhere. Easily breakable plastic balls are available for cats. Seed filled garbage sugar treats for rabbits. Low protein BS food for ferrets. Strange "cleaning" chemicals for small animals. Unbelievably badly marketed oils which can kill betta fish. etc.. I think we both get the point. :)

Thanks for taking a look though!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

I may look into the glass hoods for my tanks, I need a 24" and a 48". Ill pass this along to my friend in Mt Pleasent! Although, most tanks I can get at Walmart for $10-$30 cheaper :S Wow!

Last edited by Pitluvs; 12-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #5 
Edifiler

Just a question, do they ship?
Edifiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #6 
Pitluvs

I just saw that they have my Aqueon food, no one here sells it. $2.20 ain't bad but I cried when I saw $20 shipping :(

Question, can you pick stuff up where she lives? If someone could pick up the food for me, it would only cost $2 to ship it in a baggie to Nova Scotia
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #7 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edifiler View Post
Just a question, do they ship?
It's an online store, that's pretty much all they do!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #8 
Laki

I can ask my friend about picking it up and shipping it. When I checked the shipping on one item (which I wasn't actually buying bc I'm broke but wanted to see) there was nothing listed for me :/ So I think I have to go further and set up an account. I'll do that when I get home from my exam [yes, I have an exam in 45 minutes and not studying].
I would be totally all about shipping them to you pitluvs if I get free or cheap shipping on my own order :)
Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #9 
Laki

oh :( Standard shipping rates apply for me.. In January when I make my order (making a large one) I can include the aqueon things and ship them to you personally if you want?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #10 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
oh :( Standard shipping rates apply for me.. In January when I make my order (making a large one) I can include the aqueon things and ship them to you personally if you want?
Seriously, that would be amazing. I mean, it's $5/6 for me if you do it this way vs $24 a bottle shipped to me. I don't have anything I need to make up the $20 worth of shipping except for the 50gL hood, but that's not needed yet :( You, you're AWESOME! I have 1/6th of a bottle left of the pellets, I have no idea what I'll feed now if I can't get these!