Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #31 
Sakura8

8. 2 live outdoors. One refuses to stay indoors and the other technically belongs to the neighbor but lives at our place. Then we have 1 who goes outdoors during the day so he's skinny, and the rest are chubbers. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #32 
Silverfang

Haha! cats on a hardwood or laminate floor.... I can't tell you how often my cat has galloped (full on you'd swear it was a horse gallop) down the hall into the kitchen and come to a screeching stop, doing a full 180.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #33 
Sakura8

I love the cat gallop. Whoever said cats were silent never listened to one run. My favorite is when my cats go tearing down the hall and try to make the right turn into my room but end up facefirst into the cupboard at the end of the hall. *scrabbble screech BANG!* And usually one is chasing the other so it's like a train pileup into the side of a mountain. *scrabbble screech BANG! scrabble screech BANG!*

Come to think of it, if my cats had some minor brain damage, I wouldn't be surprised. It would account for a lot of their goofy behavior.

Of course, watching a cat in need of a claw trim try to get his paw unstuck from carpeting is kinda amusing too.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #34 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

My favorite is when my cat goes full speed down the tiled hallway, landing and bouncing halfway up the frame of the bedroom door ("Parkour" style) to make the turn into my bedroom. Come to think of it, I bet cats were the original inspiration for the sport of Parkour.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #35 
tpocicat

I have a pollydactiel (?) kitten. Now THAT is a loud gallop! Really cute too.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #36 
Sakura8

Awww, my mom's old cat was a polydactyl. 6 toes on one hind foot.

One of mine managed to break off part of her fang by repeatedly bouncing off the screen door. She was hysterical because she saw another cat outside so she charged the screen, bounced off and did a backward somersault, came to her feet and did it all over again . . . several times. Some time later she went into the vet for her checkup and the vet noticed she was missing the tip of her right fang. She's an emotional cat, this one.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #37 
tpocicat

My polydactyl has 7 toes on each front paws and 5 on each of her back paws. Really crazy kitten, she loves to pounce from behind to attack your hair!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #38 
Laki

What causes a polydactyl?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #39 
betta lover1507

am not an"expert" i know lot's of things, and of course i have a solid black cat named "midnight or sheba", i used to have an albino but somebody stole him along with his tabby sister =[
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #40 
Gen2387

I'm an animal health technician so I can maybe help. If you think he has a blockage (urinary blockage) go to the vet RIGHT NOW. That condition is extremely urgent and he needs veterinary help right away.
Signs of blockage can be: -difficulty to urinate, urinating outside of litterbox, less active, painful abdomen because the bladder is distended.

If it's just diarrhea and vomitting, it might be because of the worms. To get rid of a big worm infestation, he need deworming medication for a couple of months and monthly analysis of his feces which can be done at your vet clinic. For the diarrhea you might want to try a gastrointestinal diet that can be bought at any vet clinic. It really works.

If you have any doubts, you can always call your vet clinic and they'll be happy to answer your questions or give you an appointment.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote