Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #1 
pinkcupid765

Smile New Years Update! :) *TONS'O PICS*

So for new years i decided to rescue 2 more bettas PLUS only put real plants in all their tanks sooo all my tanks look different now :D
(for those who know dancer,my betta, my mom really wanted him so i gave him to her for new years :) He's still "mine" kinda (According to my mom) but he's downstairs with my moms bettas!)

Anywho, Lets start out with the GORGEOUS Skylar! He looks absolutely stunning in his fully planted 5gal!

Skylar in his tank (Literally JUST put the plants in, so he's like O.o)

Skylar's O.o face

Now, moving on to the diagnosed hyper-active Emikooooo! You can hardly see him in his tank with the black gravel, and on top of that he won't stay still... Ever. I've never seen him stop for more than 2 seconds. It's actually kinda weird. So enjoy this ONE lucky picture! (Plus a pic of his tank) His fins have grown out so much! I'm so proud! :)

Emiko's tank

Emiko with his baby fins FINALLY here! :D (So happy they didn't grow back deformed)

Onwards we go, as we take a look at Haruhatsu (Haru)! The betta whom I didn't order online, but got in the mail anyways! Even though he wasn't the right one, he's a super cutie!

Haru's tank

Haru-chan himself!

To the right, we see the one, the only, the Iggy (Igster, Ignite)!!! Brand new to the Cupid's Cubby, also called the Pink Pod,(My room) and he's already fitting right in!

Iggy's tank, along with the abnormally huge mossball, Mr. Mossberg!

*FLARE* D:<

"I is orange? Nu! I is grapefruit coloured!" quoted from Iggy.

Last, but not least, is Sebastian (The black butler)! Coming all the way from my local Petco to see us today!

Sebby hiding under a leaf

Sebby's jungle of a tank :)

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed!
pinkcupid765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #2 
Hisaki Yuki001

Drools while staring at pictures of your beautiful boys and tanks...sooo pretty. ^_^
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #3 
pinkcupid765

Thanks so much! c:
Old 01-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #4 
eaglescout434

Beautiful tanks and even more beautiful bettas!!!

I love them all!
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #5 
pinkcupid765

Thank you! Btw. I love your profile pic! Where did you find a crowntail like that? :o
Old 01-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 
SlinkyInk

Your tanks are all so beautiful! I hope to get live plants some day, but I'm new to aquariums, so baby steps.
SlinkyInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #7 
eaglescout434

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcupid765 View Post
Thank you! Btw. I love your profile pic! Where did you find a crowntail like that? :o
I actually found him at walmart!!! I am still in shock that i found one this pretty somewhere else other than aquabid! I actually planned out how i was going to get him.... we get our fish shipments in on wednesday and i got there at 10 am to pick me one up!!! I got lucky because there was a guy that came along about 2 minutes later and while i was still deciding between him and another crown tail he asked me if i was looking at the same fish (which was thunder) and i said yes and took him! and that is the story of how i got him! lol sorry but i love telling the story haha
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #8 
kfryman

Hey no one pointed it out but most of the plants that you have aren't fully aquatic, bamboo must have the leaves above the water or it will rot, anubias the low one that is in the 2nd picture that plant cannot be planted in substrate unless done right. Actually it looks like many of those plants seem not to be aquatic. Did you get them at Petco because they have a lot of plants planted wrong. Sorry that you got the wrong plants it looks nice btw.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #9 
pinkcupid765

SlinkyInk: Yea i'm pretty new too! I'm only 13 and got my first betta last june. You don't have to buy any special substrate for them! I just use regular black gravel :)

Eaglescout434: Walmart?!?! Oh, you lucky ducky! My walmarts don't sell anything living... Well, i guess thats a good thing, isn't it? haha!

Kfryman: Thanks for your advice, BUT all of my Petco's plants are in tanks growing with the fishies, so they all are aquatic! I've gotten that type of Anubis before and it's doing fine :) The only plants that i've had rot, where the ones that come in the plastic tubes! Some of those still work too though.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #10 
Jrf456

Ugh, so jealous! Gorgeous fishies, great tank set ups.. You lucky dog- I mean fish :D
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesomeness, betta fish, new years, tank makeovers, update