Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #41 
mardi

I really can't believe the difference either! It hasn't even been exactly a month yet. I haven't even had to use anything but epsom salt and stress coat since I've brought him home, and I stopped the epsom on the second day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I can't believe the difference in him! I just looked ast the beginning of this thread at the first pics you took of him and his color has brightened up so much and he's not clamped up.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #42 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's all the TLC you're giving him. Maybe they can't tell us they're happy but they can show us. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #43 
mardi

I have to agree, the only way they can tell us they're happy, is to show us. And from what I've seen, he's a happy little fellow.

Quote:
It's all the TLC you're giving him. Maybe they can't tell us they're happy but they can show us. :)
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #44 
mardi

1-18-12: Day 37

On 1-12-12 Remedio Celebrated his 1 month homecoming with me. We actually celebrated the day before, with his bloodworm treat. ^_^

I had meant to get him some more presents, in the form of decorations for his tank, to keep him stimulated; and, possibly, get him some gravel. But, my other fish Bowie is still sick, and has been fighting off something, so most of my trips to the pet store have revolved around getting meds for him.

I got a fantastic video of Remedio flaring the other day. He was being such a spunk, so I grabbed my phone to video him; but he's a smart one, and by the time I had grabbed my phone and got back to his tank, he had swam into his pagoda. I clicked record anyway, and just like that..... Flare! He sort of reminds me of a bird of paradise when he flares, so cute.

I've changed my avatar to a picture of him I took last week. But, since it's been so long since I've posted, I have a ton of other pictures of him. (I might have neglected posting on here, but haven't been with taking pictures), lol.

Picture 1: Picture from 1-7-12
Picture 2: 1-18-12
Picture 3: 1-18-12
Picture 4: I believe this was taken on 1-10-12, close to the 1 month anniversary of his homecoming. I used this picture for a little FB shout out to him.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #45 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, he is so cute! He's amazing!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #46 
mardi

Thanks, DQ he really is amazing and cute!

Quote:
Aww, he is so cute! He's amazing!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #47 
mardi

Video of Remedio Flaring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyGsL5KjuXE

Please, please please, excuse the state of the tank. This was on a WC day, and I hadn't gotten around to tidying up yet. I still plan on putting more decor, as well on some anacharis, (that is, if my black thumb doesn't get in the way).

He does remind me of a bird of paradise when he flares; does anyone else get the comparison?

Last edited by mardi; 01-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #48 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have that same decoration. lol McGee loves it. Was it supposed to be a short video or is it my computer acting funny?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #49 
BettaMommy531rip

You and Remidio's story makes me want to rush to my nearest PetCo/PetsMart/Fin&Feather to go save a betta! I think I actually will thanks to you. But not right now. I just finished a big essay test for my public speaking class and my right hand hurts so much that I have to type this with only my left hand. LOL. It's times like these you wish you were ambidexterous. Well good luck with Remidio! He shows signs of being an even finer boy than he is right now after he finishes healing!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #50 
mardi

Yikes! It was originally 30 something seconds. I was messing around on youtube and, I guess, somehow shortened it much more than I had intended. At least it captures the essence of his flaring? lol

I'll be taking many more videos of him as time goes on.
I'll have to see if I can revert it back to the original.

And that is a GREAT decoration. Every once and awhile, I'll see him poking his head out of the top circle part.:-p Glad to hear your McGee is a fan of his as well.

Quote:
I have that same decoration. lol McGee loves it. Was it supposed to be a short video or is it my computer acting funny?