Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #51 
mardi

Awww.....

Thank you so much! I was a nervous wreck for about the first week; something about him made me get real attached, real fast. I really can't wait until he's fully healed, he's made so much progress, that it's hard to believe it's only been a little over a month and he could still improve a great deal.

Be sure to let me know if you do decide to rescue one! And good for you, finishing an essay test! I remember those, lol., and the feeling of wanting to be ambidextrous after completing one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMommy531rip View Post
You and Remidio's story makes me want to rush to my nearest PetCo/PetsMart/Fin&Feather to go save a betta! I think I actually will thanks to you. But not right now. I just finished a big essay test for my public speaking class and my right hand hurts so much that I have to type this with only my left hand. LOL. It's times like these you wish you were ambidexterous. Well good luck with Remidio! He shows signs of being an even finer boy than he is right now after he finishes healing!
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #52 
BettaMommy531rip

Thanks Mardi! You've done such a great job w/ Remidio! My sister is actually abidexterous. She's not that good at writing w/ both hands but she can do just about everything else with both hands. LOL. :)
Well now that you've got me hooked on VTs (the only betta I have currently is a VT girl) I want to grab a couple off aquabid and maybe 1-2 from PetCo/PetsMart as my little "savior" projects. Sort of like what you did w/ Remidio. :D But first I have to sanitize my 2 old 1.5 gallons as "quarantine" (quarantine as in they can live there untill I can afford better accomodations for them {whoever they are} LOL)

Last edited by BettaMommy531rip; 01-19-2012 at 10:18 PM.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #53 
mardi

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place there.

I wasn't looking for a savior project, but I just couldn't leave him. I feel really grateful to have had the opportunity to help him out. Wishing you much luck with your betta keeping adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaMommy531rip View Post
Thanks Mardi! You've done such a great job w/ Remidio! My sister is actually abidexterous. She's not that good at writing w/ both hands but she can do just about everything else with both hands. LOL. :)
Well now that you've got me hooked on VTs (the only betta I have currently is a VT girl) I want to grab a couple off aquabid and maybe 1-2 from PetCo/PetsMart as my little "savior" projects. Sort of like what you did w/ Remidio. :D But first I have to sanitize my 2 old 1.5 gallons as "quarantine" (quarantine as in they can live there untill I can afford better accomodations for them {whoever they are} LOL)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #54 
mardi

I'm just going to stop counting days now. ;-p

Remedio is, well, Remedio.

He still doesn't seem to grasp that his net could actually be used to catch him and take him out of his tank. Both his net and my fingers seem to be a combination of a toy and tasty foodstuff (which, depends on his mood).

I finally got around to remodeling his tank, and adding some more stuff to it. Based on his temper, I decided to replace the pagoda with a skull cave. . I also added a second plant, which I've already caught him sleeping on one of the leaves. I think i'm going to wait another month before putting gravel in. His fins still have a tad bit to go before they're fully grown back, and he poops A LOT, so having the bottom bare is quite practical for keeping it clean.

I've also noticed that he's extremely sensitive to changes in his tank, more so than any other Betta I've ever had. A few weeks ago, I forgot to plug in his heater after a water change, left it overnight, and even though the temp hadn't dropped below three degrees of his norm, he was still clamped for a few days afterwards. I added the cave and new plan on Sunday night, and he clamped up for the first 48 hours after that as well. I'm thinking I'm going to invest in a 5 gallon bucket from a hardware store and start aging his water; even though water changes don't seem to stress him out, I still think it would be a lot easier on him. He also built a most impressive bubble nest earlier this week. -sniff- he's growing up.

My Remedio, so biker tough with a sensitive side. lol

Pictures!!!!!

Photo 1: Picture from my last post (1-18-12)
Photo 2: Picture from yesterday (1-31-12), for comparison
Photo 3: Flaring!!!
Photo 4: His new tank setup.
Photo 5: Tough guy in his skull cave.
Photo 6: His most epic bubble nest yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by mardi; 02-01-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to add part about his epic bubble nest!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #55 
dramaqueen
Banned

That skull is cool! Holy mackerel, what a nice nest!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #56 
mardi

Thanks! For some reason, I've always wanted to have a skull ornament for one of my tanks. Remedio's personality was just perfectly suited for it, and when I saw the cave @ walmart, I couldn't leave it.

and I know! I can't believe how big that nest was. I was very impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
That skull is cool! Holy mackerel, what a nice nest!!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #57 
sunrise2397

so ive read this whole thing, and all i have to say is that Remedio is so pretty! going on this site always makes me want more bettas, ahhh.... well i wish you the best of luck with Remedio and Bowie
sunrise2397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #58 
mardi

So, while everyone else was watching the Super Bowl. I was watching the Puppy Bowl and cleaning out, my other fish, Bowie's tank. I'm sure I mentioned it in previous posts, but he's been having a rough go of it lately; he finally seems to be feeling better, and I decided to tackle cleaning out his tank, and remodeling everything today.

While all of that was going on; Remedio was having a blast flaring and such. It was nice to be able to take a little break from cleaning, to watch cute puppies in the puppy bowl and see him so happy.

Anyways........

He's a shot of him I took this evening, I'd like to call, All fluffed up.
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #59 
dramaqueen
Banned

I watched the puppy bowl, too! lol It's fun to watch puppies play.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #60 
mardi

Thank you!!!

And yes, I have that problem with this site as well. :-p
I've had to take to restraining myself whenever i go into a pet store, to keep myself from bringing home another fish. lol. Remedio and Bowie are both worth it, but completely handful enough for me at the moment.

And thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise2397 View Post
so ive read this whole thing, and all i have to say is that Remedio is so pretty! going on this site always makes me want more bettas, ahhh.... well i wish you the best of luck with Remedio and Bowie