Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #71 
mardi

YIKES!! I just looked at this journal and realized I never replied to this, I'm sorry!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your min pin. It's such a shame that both fish and dogs have such shorter lifespans than us. I know how loosing a beloved pup can be. I still haven't completely recovered from the loss of my family dog, back in 2009; though her passing was unnecessarily traumatic for me due to my not being aware that she was going to be put down. bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
yw, and i lov min pins idk y...mine died last feb. it was terrible. :/
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #72 
MistersMom

That's terrible.... we vow we'd never put our dogs down, we'd just spend the last few hours with them....
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #73 
mardi

Sorry for being a bit of a downer. I was just mostly upset about the fact that I didn't get the chance to say "goodbye" to her; but, she wasn't mine, so i really didn't have much say in the matter.

In other news, it's been terribly long since I've given an update on Remedio, I'll have to rectify that sometime this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
That's terrible.... we vow we'd never put our dogs down, we'd just spend the last few hours with them....
Old 03-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #74 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Remedio.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #75 
mardi

The move...

So, it's been quite some time since my last post.

I, unfortunately, have nothing terribly exciting to post. I've spent most of the time since my last post preparing to, and actually moving. Remedio, the sensitive boy he is, didn't take to the move very well. He's lost some of his new fin growth and is showing signs of becoming sick.

He's been in his new home for a week tonight. I made sure to acclimate him properly and put everything in his tank exactly where it was prior to the move. For now, I'm keeping a hawk eye on him. Though, I do think he would have shown more symptoms by now, if he were actually sick. For now, I'm just attributing everything to having been moved around and having different surroundings. He actually hadn't been taken out of his three gallon before last week, so that probably has something to do with it.

Like I said, keeping a hawk eye on him.

Bowie took to the move well. Though he's been moved around and has had his water changed so much, with being sick. He had been healthy for a good two weeks before the move, and I would be banging my head against the wall if the move had made him sick again. He's even built his first bubble nest, since the move, yesterday. I'm also seriously contemplating getting a pretty female for Bowie to look at every once and awhile. He always builds these beautifully impressive bubble nests; and I just think building a nest without a female being around is the human equivalent to a man getting all spiffed up for a night out, and not encountering a girl the whole evening out, lol.

And that's all there is to report in the world of Bowie, Remedio and ME!

Last edited by mardi; 03-03-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #76 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, poor Remedio! Hopefully he'll settle down in a few days.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #77 
mardi

I hope he settles in soon as well. I feel so bad about everything. -sigh-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Aww, poor Remedio! Hopefully he'll settle down in a few days.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #78 
mardi

Progress: Part Deux

Remedio finally proved that his innards are working properly, by producing the LARGEST log of Betta poop I've ever seen this evening. And to top it off; the poop, though abnormally massive in size, looked perfectly normal.

We both did a little happy dance this evening.

His behavior has been a little subdued since the move; but I'm hoping that will change, since I can imagine he's a bit more comfortable now. He's already even showing signs of fin regrowth in the areas he lost during the move.

Remedio- The invincible (aka: Piranha).

I was going to post a current picture of him; but I'm slightly embarrassed by the state of his fins, and think I'll wait a couple of days before I do a photo shoot. After all, what kind of story would this be if I didn't show him through all his stages of life.

For now, I think I'll catch up on uploading pictures that I had on my phone since before the move.

Photo 1: A picture of him pretending to be a leaf (he LOVES that plant).
Photo 2: The most epic bubble nest Remedio has built yet.
Photo 3: Checking me out. He's one of the most curious fish I've ever had. There isn't a time I walk by his tank, that he doesn't come up to look at me.

And I do believe I'm all caught up now.
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #79 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol! I'm glad he's pooling normally.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #80 
mardi

LOL! Me too! I always get concerned whenever something seems off with one of my boys. And thanks for not calling me out on reposting the bubble nest picture. -blushes-

QUOTE=dramaqueen;1008123]Lol! I'm glad he's pooling normally.[/quote]