Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #11 
Reece

I completely forgot to ask about snails! Like PixelatedPaint just said^^, snails can very easily get rid of bodies, and not too long either. If you were gone for half a day or something like that then you will find that the fish could have died and been eaten by the snail. Of course, this all depends on whether or not you actually have a snail in your tank.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #12 
copperarabian

The same thing has happened to me too! I once had a 8" dragon Goby completely vanish, and I couldn't find it anywhere around the room to see if it had jumped out. I've also lost a Pictus Catfish, I have noooooo idea where that one went because the top is completely covered.... maybe the snail ate him.... but he was like 4" long...
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #13 
PixelatedPaint

it was most probably the snail. They are serious cleaners and you would be surprised at what they can accomplish. I have snails in my bigger tanks for this reason. No mold or fungus will grow because the snails will get it before the fish do. When you have large community tanks this is unavoidable for most. Fish do die.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #14 
beta novice

i dont have any snails checked the filters
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #15 
eaglescout434

One of my bettas i guess has decided that just the tank isnt big enought for him. (its a 3 gallon tank) He likes to swim down the air tube and get under the gravel in the undergravel filter i have tried blocking the opening of the tube with wire but he just found a way in and couldnt get out. since his fins arent getting hurt i just took the wire off and let him play in the air bubbles. after I took the wire off he swims in and out freely. he could be stuck in the undergravel filter if you have an airtube bigenough for him to swim down to the bottom?
eaglescout434 is offline   Reply With Quote