Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #1 
newarkhiphop

Looking for a nice 2-4 gallon tank

Recommendations ?

in the $20-$50 range if possible
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #2 
lulupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkhiphop View Post
Recommendations ?

in the $20-$50 range if possible
petsmart :)
lulupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

5 Galon:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hawkeye-5-...ndingMethod=rr
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #4 
ManInBlack2010

i just bought my cousin this tank for christmas and set it up for her, i didn't use the filter it came with but it's a nice little tank and comes with a good light

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...436&lmdn=Brand
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #5 
Thunderloon

hrm

I've not really seen many negative two gallon tanks... so I'll be honest.

If you're looking for a small footprint and the surface can hold up a five gallon's weight go for a marineland hex-5. They include filter and light, all you have to add is heater and they're $38.00 before tax at petco for yellow-card-carrying-people. Kinda hard to beat deal and the small footprint and exceptional engineering is very nice.

Many people like the three gallon round tank as well and there's a cute trick you can do with it. Leave the whole under-gravel system in place and buy a round sponge that will fit over the lift-pipe, just stick that sponge on the top of it so it sticks up above the water line and it'll work as a filter - very very easy to take off and quick-clean in a quart of freshly Prime'd water. You can also buy and use Whisper 3i filters in the three gallon round tanks.

Do NOT get the Marineland Eclipse three gallon OR the "Glow Fish" three gallon. The marineland 3 has too hot a light (87 peaks) and the "glow fish" (from tetra) has soft acrylic which is easy to etch with algae.

The 2.5g minibow are nice reliable tanks, the included filter is very unpleasant for betta so I agree with MiB's not using it. Thats one of the tanks where a Whisper 3i would do great.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 12-17-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #6 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderloon View Post
I've not really seen many negative two gallon tanks... so I'll be honest.

If you're looking for a small footprint and the surface can hold up a five gallon's weight go for a marineland hex-5. They include filter and light, all you have to add is heater and they're $38.00 before tax at petco for yellow-card-carrying-people. Kinda hard to beat deal and the small footprint and exceptional engineering is very nice.

Many people like the three gallon round tank as well and there's a cute trick you can do with it. Leave the whole under-gravel system in place and buy a round sponge that will fit over the lift-pipe, just stick that sponge on the top of it so it sticks up above the water line and it'll work as a filter - very very easy to take off and quick-clean in a quart of freshly Prime'd water. You can also buy and use Whisper 3i filters in the three gallon round tanks.

Do NOT get the Marineland Eclipse three gallon OR the "Glow Fish" three gallon. The marineland 3 has too hot a light (87 peaks) and the "glow fish" (from tetra) has soft acrylic which is easy to etch with algae.

The 2.5g minibow are nice reliable tanks, the included filter is very unpleasant for betta so I agree with MiB's not using it. Thats one of the tanks where a Whisper 3i would do great.
I have the mini 1 now yea the filter is a bit strong my fish has learned to stay away from it lol

think am go with that hex 3

thanks for all the info everybody
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #7 
PixelatedPaint

Just make sure that the tank has a longer foot print if you have the room. Bettas prefer the top and bottom range and everything in between is a workout. I usually go with the standard 5-10 gallons.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote