Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #11 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hi, nice to meet you and I love Rhode Island. My brother went to college there so when I went to visit, I totally fell in love with the state.

For a 100% water change, cup the fish out and siphon as much water as you can. When you can't siphon any more out, dump the rest out. If you're built tiny like me, you may need someone to help you lift the tank if it's 10g or bigger.

If the plants are live, best way to sterilize is just to put them in tap water that hasn't been dechlorinated. I've heard the chlorine will sterilize them. For the gravel, rinse under hot water.
Thank you!
Thats what I was doing, But i figured that since bacteria thrived in warmer water, that I would just be making them a beach resort to chill in when i was trying to clean them..

And RI is a beautiful state, but if youv e lived here your whole life, as I have, it get a bit boring, especially since you know everyone, and everyone knows you from your weird high school days!
But this state has a little of everything to offer you, weve got city life, and country..my Nana actually lives in an old farm house,across the street from actual fields of cows, and not even a mile away is the highway to Providence, which is actually only five miles away.
We have the convenience of having everything so close, cause fourty minutes, and youve crossed the whole state, no matter which way you go!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #12 
fish joey

Welcome to TFK.... I have a daughter named LIZ she is also 22...... are you an Elizabeth?
fish joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #13 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish joey View Post
Welcome to TFK.... I have a daughter named LIZ she is also 22...... are you an Elizabeth?
Yes I am, but i actually hate that name, all i hear when people call me that is my mom yelling at me! lol...Ive always been Lyzz..even as a little girl i was like, nope, theres a "Y" in there, spell it right! lol
Old 12-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #14 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyzzaRyzz View Post
Thank you!

And RI is a beautiful state, but if youv e lived here your whole life, as I have, it get a bit boring, especially since you know everyone, and everyone knows you from your weird high school days!
But this state has a little of everything to offer you, weve got city life, and country..my Nana actually lives in an old farm house,across the street from actual fields of cows, and not even a mile away is the highway to Providence, which is actually only five miles away.
We have the convenience of having everything so close, cause fourty minutes, and youve crossed the whole state, no matter which way you go!
That's what I love about RI. When we visit, we stay at a B&B 10 minutes from Providence and it's in Rehoboth, MA, out in the woods. My bro was one of the crazy RISD students and I always wanted to go to Brown, but my college plans got a little sidetracked. I can understand it being boring after a lifetime there - it's funny but even a state like CA gets boring too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #15 
LyzzaRyzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
That's what I love about RI. When we visit, we stay at a B&B 10 minutes from Providence and it's in Rehoboth, MA, out in the woods. My bro was one of the crazy RISD students and I always wanted to go to Brown, but my college plans got a little sidetracked. I can understand it being boring after a lifetime there - it's funny but even a state like CA gets boring too.
I love RISD kids!
I wouldve gone there, but Im a poor kid, so i go to CCRI for arts. Kids that get to go to RISD are so damned lucky lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #16 
Sakura8

A couple of scholarships, refinance the house twice and he's still paying off the loans 11 years later, haha. He majored in furniture design but since he graduated, he has yet to build a stick of furniture, the twit.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #17 
LyzzaRyzz

oh no!!
See, thats why im on a hiatus from school. Even with the low cost of CCRI, i dont want to spend all my money going to school for something im never going to use..Sure, it may be fun, but if i wanted to have real fun with my money, id take a vacation!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #18 
Sakura8

:D Yeah. He ended up doing some interior architecture work in NYC and now he's into music. I guess the real value of RISD is the name and the people you meet, the connections you make.

I've been on a college hiatus too. For 10 years. >.<
Old 12-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #19 
LyzzaRyzz

Hehe.
Actually, If it takes me ten more years to finally find what i want to do with the rest of my life, thats fine with me.
My mom went to college when she was 47, and now shes a preschool teacher, doing what she loves, helping kids learn about life...
Old 12-20-2011, 03:36 AM   #20 
Sakura8

Hurray for your mom! That's the spirit. And also what I may end up doing, going to school later in life. Like when the tuition fees possibly go down.