Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #1 
Bambi

Brought home a new royal blue CT tonight.

I went to walmart to get some soda, addicted to it as I am, and of course had to have a look at their bettas.

Most were pretty sad, faded sick or dead. But there were two little CT boys who has enough life in them to flare at each other. One was Blue bodied with red fins and the other was the royal blue i bought. I would have bought the one with red fins but the royal seemed a bit more healthy and, having just lost my PK boy nit to long ago, I wanted a fish i had a better chance of healing and keeping for a while.

This guy is my first real male CT. :3 I'll try to get a picture in the morning.

Right now hes floating in my ten gallon to keep warm untill is set up his tank in the morning.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #2 
PixelatedPaint

Wish you luck, can't wait for pics! I know what you mean! I went into PU the other day for BBS for my spawning minnows and poof i was in the betta section collecting my new friends.
PixelatedPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #3 
Bambi

The image is poor because i only have the camera on my phone and it doesn't pick up color well.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #4 
angiessa

I can never resist the betta section in Walmart. I hate encouraging them to keep fish, because they're terrible at it (at least, my local one is), but both of my boys came from there. Sometimes you just can't say no. ;)
angiessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #5 
Bambi

yeah. Every fish I've gotten from the one here has died within the month, but this boy, despite the holes in his fins and the small ich issue seems pretty healthy. I wish he would eat though. He hasn't eaten since I got him but he doesn't seem stressed or anything. Right now he's napping in his cave after a flare dance at one of my girls and working on a small bubble nest after getting fresh water for the first time since who know when. I'm keeping his water super clean to help the holes fill in.