Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

I passed up bettas for THIS :O

I've wanted an animal to hold for so many years fish are fun and nice and all, but it's about time I finally got a furry... And here she is very young, I think about 2 months? Only the size of my hand :o She cuddled right into me, and fell asleep while I was looking at her, so I (that's right, this line again) "had to have her" that's right. I passed up THESE bettas, for THAT guinea xDDD

(I'm ill, I need a doctor!)
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

But piggy is so cute :) How could you pass up that little furball?

Congrats. Have you named her yet?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #3 
Badjer

Guinea pigs make AMAZING pets. Seriously, they're probably the best rodents ever. I've owned four, and would probably have another one now but since I'll be headed to college in about two years, mom says I don't need to have anything that can't live in a dorm room! She looks adorable. What sort of bedding do you have her on? Just a warning, pine and cedar shavings are bad for guinea pigs and can cause health problems. Carefresh bedding is what I suggest for any rodent owner, it's very absorbent and helps with any smells! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. (:
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #4 
Nubster

Personally I never liked them. Give me a rat any day over one of those...lol...just personal preference is all. Not a huge fan of hamsters either. They are all cute and all, just not my cup of tea.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #5 
Badjer

I don't care for hamsters...most I've met have been biters and escape artists! I've never owned rats, though I would like to someday. I love guinea pigs because they're large enough to cuddle with and aren't nocturnal. With lots of attention, they are very friendly!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #6 
Tikibirds

awwwh...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #7 
LionCalie

Cute piggie! Here are two of the best websites for Guinea Pig care information, they both have forums: www.guinealynx.info and www.guineapigcages.com

I'm not sure how much research you have done, but Guinea Pig's require specialized care. They need to always have access to fresh Timothy Hay. They need pellets specifically made for them because they cannot produce their own Vitamin C. Without enough Vit C in their diet they will develop an illness called Scurvy. When deciding on what kind of pellet to feed, stick to one that is plain and doesn't have any extra "goodies" in it, which are actually not healthy. Oxbow makes a really terrific Guinea Pig food, you can find it at Petsmart. Avoid Cedar and Pine bedding, Kiln Dried Pine is safe though. They are extremely social animals and it's recommend to have two of the same sex, or two of the opposite sex with either the male being Neutered or the female being Spayed. One big thing people commonly overlook is cage size. Guinea Pig's love to run laps around their cage so it's important to have a good sized cage that is long and wide instead of tall. 7.5 sq ft is what you will find most will say is the minimum for one pig. That is generally 30" x 36".

I think I covered the basics, but definitely check out those links above for more information.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #8 
tpocicat

So cute! Personally I love allllllll animals. I've had rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, dogs, cats, snakes, birds, and of course my bettas.
Great and very useful info, LionCalie.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #9 
Badjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionCalie View Post
Cute piggie! Here are two of the best websites for Guinea Pig care information, they both have forums: www.guinealynx.info and www.guineapigcages.com

I'm not sure how much research you have done, but Guinea Pig's require specialized care. They need to always have access to fresh Timothy Hay. They need pellets specifically made for them because they cannot produce their own Vitamin C. Without enough Vit C in their diet they will develop an illness called Scurvy. When deciding on what kind of pellet to feed, stick to one that is plain and doesn't have any extra "goodies" in it, which are actually not healthy. Oxbow makes a really terrific Guinea Pig food, you can find it at Petsmart. Avoid Cedar and Pine bedding, Kiln Dried Pine is safe though. They are extremely social animals and it's recommend to have two of the same sex, or two of the opposite sex with either the male being Neutered or the female being Spayed. One big thing people commonly overlook is cage size. Guinea Pig's love to run laps around their cage so it's important to have a good sized cage that is long and wide instead of tall. 7.5 sq ft is what you will find most will say is the minimum for one pig. That is generally 30" x 36".

I think I covered the basics, but definitely check out those links above for more information.
+1 (:
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #10 
Philnominal

Good cheap bedding is newspaper with some timothy hay. It's what i use. Also what are you feeding her?
Philnominal is offline   Reply With Quote