Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #11 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelatedPaint View Post
you made them? from what? if its dollar store plants...did you soak them for a few days to make sure anything that would leach..would? did you make sure none of them had any metal wires inside? even if not exposed it will eventually leach...

Yes, I got them from a craft store and I soaked them for a week to make sure nothing would leech. There were no wires either, I made sure to get ones that didnt have them.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #12 
Tikibirds

Were the tanks fully cycled??

I'm thinking something poisoned them. If they all looked OK, I am not sure what illness could cause them all to die off at the same time - for two tanks.

You mentioned fuzzies. Did all the fish have fuzzies on them? Columnaris can kill in a day but you would probably of noticed something was not quite right with the fish - like fuzzies, lethargic, ect. Did you notice if any of them had white grains of salt like stuff on them? Velvet maybe? But I think there would of been signs of illness for that too

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-21-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #13 
emeraldsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Were the tanks fully cycled??

I'm thinking something poisoned them. If they all looked OK, I am not sure what illness could cause them all to die off at the same time - for two tanks.

You mentioned fuzzies. Did all the fish have fuzzies on them? Columnaris can kill in a day but you would probably of noticed something was not quite right with the fish - like fuzzies, lethargic, ect. Did you notice if any of them had white grains of salt like stuff on them? Velvet maybe? But I think there would of been signs of illness for that too
The tanks should have been cycled at the point, though I dont have a test kit so I cant be sure.

No, I've dealt with columnaris before unfortunately, this wasnt fuzzy enough for that, Im pretty sure it was just the slime coat coming off.
There were no signs of diseases, made sure of it.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote