Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #21 
FireKidomaru

Ok..I might go check them out..if I get time.. School starts back up on Wednesday so I better hurry
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #22 
gossipgirl1031

Mine are heated in an unconventional manner. I have the "nursery"/"hospital" in my bathroom which is the warmest room in the house. They have the reptile Zoo med heaters under their tanks and I placed an oil heater in the room that I turn on when I'm home. It keeps the water temp between 80 & 82 degrees. It's not normal, but it works!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #23 
FireKidomaru

My baby is doing much much better now! He's still super skinny but he's much more active :) I'm feeding him freeze dried bloodworms to fatten him/her up
Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #24 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Try Frozen bloodworms instead of freeze dried. They should contain more nutritional value and should boost his/her growth.

Good luck on your baby
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #25 
FireKidomaru

I will try that!! Thank!
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #26 
Larkspur

I made a thread about baby bettas a while ago although it didn't get very many replies so it probably wasn't the one you were thinking of lol. They are super cool! I bought three. They weren't too much trouble to take care of. when they first came into the store you couldn't even tell what color they were because they were so small! Mine have totally changed since I bought them. I feed them 3 times a day. (when I'm not at school, when I am they have to settle for eating twice a day with bigger meals) I do 50%water change every other day. They are super cool and seem to be much more willing to interact with me than some of my other fish have been in the past I think they are more outgoing since they are babies! So far I am almost positive that the first one I bought is a female but the other two are so small that I have no idea what they are still! My theory is that since they aren't growing at the same rate the two smaller ones are probably boys (although I know nothing about the development of juvenile bettas) They are lots of fun! but if you get one I wouldn't bother with the "baby betta starter kit" they outgrow the tank in about 3 days and it doesn't come with much food.
OH!! haha oops I thought you were still debating on getting one!
I hope you enjoy your baby betta adventure as much as I have!!

Last edited by Larkspur; 01-04-2012 at 03:39 AM. Reason: I totally didn't see that there were three pages!
Larkspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #27 
gossipgirl1031

It has been cool to see them grow and change over the weeks. My first one totally surprised me & turned out to be a male! For weeks I was convinced female & then almost overnight, long fins grew & his color darkened. I had to change his name and everything. Some of my younger ones are now starting to do the same thing.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #28 
Tikibirds

In the past I have gotten young bettas from petco but the only official baby I got died in 2 days. Im pretty sure it was sick when i got it though.

It's pretty cool to watch them grow up. One CT i got was totally transparent and small but now she is all grown up and yellow. The other is a blue CT. She is still pretty small and was labled as a female and not a baby but she was about the same size as the babies.

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #29 
gossipgirl1031

Awww! Very cute! I wound up with one CT out of all my babies. Still not 100% sure of the sex yet. "She" is almost at the point where fin growth should be taking off. It hasn't yet, but her colors came in strong. Em went from being transparent too and is now deep shades of blues. Ventral fin maybe got a tiny bit longer, but not much else has. With my first, the fins grew almost overnight and then he darkened up. I thought for sure he was a she for the first several weeks.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #30 
FireKidomaru

I got the serious runt of the shipment.. Every betta in the store had full color and were probably close enough to tell if they were male or female...mine is still very transparent with very small fins...he's not growing very fast