Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #11 
Oldfishlady

Thanks and me too...many many years ago when I trained and showed dogs-that is what I had Old English sheepdogs.....This sheepdog is half sheepdog and half husky...funny guy and big.....near 150 pounds and a digging machine......we call him "Samo the backhoe"...lol.....some of the holes he digs in the sand.... if you fell in one you would disappear-I wish I could get him to dig where I needed a hole.....laffs....and the horses are his best friends......herding dog for sure....lol....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #12 
Silverfang

Oh wow! You are an animals best friend! I'm so glad to hear about people who save poor cats like that. People here don't fix their animals so lots of kittens and the cycle continues. Pretty lucky for the 10 to fix an animal, alot more here, like 10x that plus.

Was it the black boy or the extra fluffy one you raised by bottle? Either way, they are adorable! I love the pose of him on the ornament over the pond, why do I think he was looking for something to gnaw on?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #13 
PRIMESIX

Soooo Cool!!!!!! I showed all of your pics to my children and they loved them. All your missing is Garfield and a tray of lasagna!!!
PRIMESIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #14 
Oldfishlady

The black fluffy fella is one of cats I bottled raised...he will be 18 in June and 4 others not pictured I bottled raised as well.....

The dark cat on the rooster-if you look close you can see a white cat in the corner---he was getting ready to pounce on him...his adopted brother-he would have been bottled raised-but I had a female that took him in as her own and did it for me....The white adopted cat was named Fetch....he would fetch for hours...go get what ever you threw and bring it to you wanting you to toss it again....he would drive you nuts sometimes wanting to play fetch and he loved water too...really odd kitty....he has since died....we have a tick in our area that is shed by deer that will kill a immune suppressed cat in 24h-no vaccine for it either and this kitty was sickly all his life to start-near dead when I found him at about 10day of age...but he lived a happy life for 3 years.......

I have a Garfield type cat...he is not yellow...but he will eat anything....and demands a bite of anything you are eating or drinking......we have some odd critters.....lol....I am glad your children enjoy the pics....my grandkids love to come to grandmas house just to play with the critters and take a bowl with a Betta in it for a walk....lol....they like to pick one out to play with-supervised....soon they will be old enough to take one home....
Old 12-23-2011, 01:00 PM   #15 
xXGalaxyXx

Oh my gosh, so many fuzzies <3
I love all your cats <3 They all look super cute, rather fluffy, and for the most part very healthy. And your pug is adorable, as well - I used to have two of them, and they were just the sweetest, funniest little things. They've since passed away, but I still have a soft spot for pugs and their curly little tails. cx And your horses are gorgeous as well.
On another note, it's amazing that you've rescued and cared for so many animals. The world needs more responsible people like you - it makes me so sad when someone just dumps an animal and expects it to survive. On the off chance it doesn't starve or get killed by a car or a wild animal, it will probably just end up making more unwanted animals anyways. >:c
xXGalaxyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #16 
Tikibirds

That is alot of cats!
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #17 
vaygirl

That is a LOT of pets! :D I didn't know about Blue Jays hunting either. I saw one grab a baby bird that had fallen from it's nest and was too small to get back. I wanna say it was a titmouse? Poor lil thing.

Your pond is lovely!!!!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #18 
Oldfishlady

Tell me about it...laffs.....it really seems like a lot of pets when most are in the house when the weather gets extreme...but they are known to go find a place to hunker down and behave or else risk getting sprayed with the water bottle or evicted....lol......they do look forward to getting back outside at first light and so am I...laffs....

I wouldn't have believed it myself had I not seen it with my own eyes when the Bluejay was hunting frogs...I wish I would have had my video camera on hand and on hand when a swarm of wild Bees showed up and nested in the hollow of the Black walnut tree behind my house...that was a sight to be seen as well...kinda spooky as the sky darkened over my head along with the rather loud Buzz they emitted...I wish they would have stayed-but they left after about 60 days....
Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #19 
betta lover1507

your home is soo pretty 0-0 i just live in a cruddy apartment D= i love albino cats, i used to have one but some one kidnapped him and i never seened avalanche again, he was born in the room i have :P i take care of his step and older sister, a solid black. yea it is wierd, the cat is a sister to the my missing albino, BUT she is solid black and he was solid white 0-o, they weren't born in the same litter but from the same mother (black and white mix). and the full blood related sister was a tabby 0-o i love kittens but i have a spaded cat >.>
also the mother would take a stroll around the neighbor hood and comeback pregnant -_- so we never knew the father
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #20 
Romad
TFK Moderator

OFL you are a saint! There should be more people like you in the world caring for helpless animals. You obviously love it and you're lucky to have the land and the means to do it.

I really enjoyed all of the pics. but when do we get to see your bettas?? (I should talk, I've been lax in posting or updating pics of all my tanks - but I'm going to get to that soon one of these days ha ha ha).
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote