Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Hello....

Well, I'm Sena. I'm 18, lived only in Chetwynd BC, Spruce Grove AB and now a dirthole called Camrose, AB. I was never allowed animals, so when we moved to Camrose I decided to get an animal without my parents knowing... and ended up getting a betta, named Mister.

I'm an artist, I do sculpture and drawings... I'm a spatial/spatial person, which if you do not know kind of sucks. Spatial, makes it so I am very terrible at math yet can do a lot with building, creating, and designing. Some people are spatial/logic, getting the best of both worlds and I am stuck a spatial/spatial... double hit.. only 1 out of 200'000 teachers can teach spatial people math.

I graduated from highschool, with Math 24 (level lower than math applied, which is lower than math pure... basically the dumb-math you use in your life) and thanks to the government deciding that Math 24 would no longer even exist, after I graduated, (math 20-3 now) I have a slimmer than slim chance of getting into college.

I design and make clothes, I've created and sold art pieces including tattoo designs, small and large drawings, sculptures... I also write, whether it be poems or stories (from short to novels).

I do not see people as color, country, religion, or even age... I don't see people for being "Fat" or "skinny", but see them as them, and they could be "drop dead gorgeous" but to me if their personality/attitude is ugly, they are ugly.

I rescue and rehome bettas, whether from the store or actual people who do not know what to do with a sick betta, or do not want their bettas anymore. Later, I may also rescue and adopt out goldfish since they too have become one of the top abused fish here... I also, would like to open a pet store, which people say my way is unreasonable because "stores are for profit not care", I do not care. Eventually, I will have a pet store. And have it my way (the proper way) even if it is in 10 years.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hey Sena, nice to know more about you.

Though math might not be your field of expertise yet you have proven yourself on arts and literature. Keep it up.

Good luck on your "dream pet store".
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

lol thanks. Yeah the government kind of gave me a smack in the face with my math :/ I apparently have graduated, just... my math doesn't exist x.x

guess I should add I am starting a betta rescue program within my area... a website as well, to go hand in hand with the rescue... plus will have information on bettas.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 12-21-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum...nice to meet you Sena...

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't....."you can and will".......keep your dream alive and someday it will come true.....think positive, hope, dream, work hard....you have to crawl before you can walk....then run and live your dream....It can happen......Believe in yourself.....I believe in you......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

thanks OFL
Old 12-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #6 
Rosso1011

Nice to meet you Sena. I am almost on the same boat as you with math. Only thing is that I am not a "creative" person. I excel in every subject that does not involve really high levels of math or arts.

I agree with OFL, you can't let anyone stop you from pursuing your dreams. Turns out that I am doing a lot better with learning new material now that I am a little older and I am doing my best to compensate for my lack of enthusiasm for math. Wise words from my professor, it's all about your ability to bounce back.

I am also happy to see that you are starting a betta rescue program in your area. Good luck with that!
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

well, bettas, designing/creating fashion (college needs...yup, math) and art is all I have that I can do, and will do thanks Rosso
Old 12-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #8 
Captain Jim Dandy

Hello Sena--- Nice to meet you and Merry Christmas. Oldfishlady, Rosso and others are absolutely right- Never give up. You can realise your dreams and aspirations with hard work and determination. I think you will! CJD
Captain Jim Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Well, even if college won't take me, I still do what I do. I've sold a tattoo design (small) for 200... And a small drawing for 50... I'm just stuck between a rock and a hard place I live with a roommate (unreliable x.x) and barely scraping by thanks to a bad job.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #10 
Jrf456

Hi, I've talked to you before here and there on the forums. (:

I hope your dreams come true- and they most certainly will if you believe in yourself. Merry Christmas, and have a very happy new year!

- Joel
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote