Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #1 
SwimmR

Happy Fish changed color!

Starburst (the subject of a previous thread about the new betta that spit all his food out for 8 days) is a much happier fish now. I don't know whether time did its trick, or whether the things I changed helped (covered front of bowl for less stimulation, turned heat up, added bigger plant). He's been eating well for two days now, and today started building a respectable bubble nest. Interestingly, over the past few days, he's also developed a lot more blue coloration on him (my avatar was him a week ago, below is a picture today). I'm glad he's happy, although I must admit I did like his coloration before with more white.
Is this common?
Attached Images

SwimmR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #2 
Badjer

Typically we buy fish from the petstore stressed and cold, so when properly taken care of, they usually do what your guy did. It's called "coloring up" and means you now have a healthy, happy fish. Nice bubble nest he's got going there!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #3 
Myates

He also has some marble patterns on him, such as on his head- so he may still not be done changing! Good looking boy you have :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #4 
Bambi

Looking at the route he's going he'll probably end up a nice royal blue. He does have the marble genes.

I'm glad he's happier. Warmer water will speed up his metabolism and make him more active, which is probably why he's eating again. That and being settled into his new home.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote