Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #1 
DalekDYE

Unhappy R.I.P Tengshugh

My betta, Tengshugh, died yesterday of toxicity. He was too old to take the normal two week strength anymore and I was really busy. I loved him so much. He was incredibly cooperative and kind. He would even let you touch him and he didn't mind. In fish years, he was 87.5. I had him for five years. There were a few times when I thought I'd lost him, but they were just scares. Not this time. Being woken up at 7:30 am from an amazing dream to find that the best fish I ever had sucked. If somehow, Tengshugh is reading this, I'm sorry and I want you to know I love you and will try my hardest never to forget you. My favorite thing about him was the little gimmick he had, he would imitate the colors of the Montreal Canadiens skate towel his bowl rested on. I first found him at the back of the shelf at WalMart. I had chosen him because he looked a lot like my last fish, Indiglo, who lived for about a year and a half. He died when my father put him in a diseased tank that had killed a grand total of seven goldfish and didn't put any of the cleaner stuff. Anyways, I bought a nice little bowl with an LED lamp on it and bought some cheap backup food, as I still had food from Indiglo. The gimmick he had is he could change his tail from red to blue to white on a whim. He experienced my room being moved, both my parents going to the hospital for serious blood and heart issues and he had visited Tremblant twice. I wanted ton possibly to take him to Sherbrooke next for a hockey tournament. I could only imagine what was going on inside his head in the last seconds of his life. He probably thought I hated him even though I would rather die than see him in pain. He'd been there through the hardest parts of my life. I can never replace him. He was also intelligent. He had ways of expressing himself. Tengshugh was the best fish I could ever have and I let him go one day too long. He also had tried different foods. I found the best was Hikari Betta Bio-Gold. Recently, he had only eaten when I wasn't looking. Sometimes he tried to eat when I was watching, but missed. I heard one guy had a fish that lived for seven years. That made me discouraged after thinking that 5 and a half years was a long time. Tengshugh, you were dearly loved and will forever be missed. Goodbye Tengshugh.

R.I.P Tengshugh
2007-2012
"Even though I
walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil; for you are
with me; your rod and
your staff, they comfort me."
Psalms 23:4

Last edited by DalekDYE; 01-26-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Useless line.
DalekDYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #2 
DalekDYE

I'm sorry Tengshugh. You must have been so afraid. Slowly dying of toxicity and suffocation whilst I forgot about your cleaning. I was so stupid. I wish I wasn't still here writing this. I would give anything to have you back. Some people would say you're just a fish, but they'd be wrong! You were the best fish I ever had. I promised to take care of you and I let you down. I loved you but never let you know it. I'm sorry! I hope you're swimming happily in the rivers and ponds of heaven and I hope I'll see you there some day. I love you Tengshugh. More than you could ever know. My life will feel empty without you in the bowl in my room.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #3 
DalekDYE

That missing word in "The best fish I ever had sucked..." Was dead. I miss you Tengshugh and still love you and will never forget you, even though I have a new fish. I didn't give him the skate towel. That was uniquely yours. I also used entirely different layouts. I know you didn't really like silk plants. He's also red rather than you beautiful black, blue, aqua and red shades. I still miss you, look at your picture and pray for your fish soul every night. I hope you swim free and happily now. I'll see you in heaven if and when I get there. Fair well Tengshugh.

Tags
betta, goodbye, memorial, obituary, r.i.p