Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #21 
Myates

Hello Mmad... Pitluvs messaged me, but it looks like I am too late- I am so sorry he did not make it. It was very sweet of you to try to help him, and you had at least given him a better last few hours.

She did give you the right treatment of Epsom Salt- as anything else wouldn't of worked at the point he was at. Epsom was really the only thing that had the chance of getting him right side up. Unfortunately though, he may of had SBD, but the red spots and such you mentioned is making think he may of had ammonia burns/poisoning as well- which there really is no true treatment and normally is deadly.
There really was nothing you could of done, other then what you did and that was to make him comfortable.

If you decide to get another betta, please feel free to come and ask any questions needed, such as accurate water changes, temp, etc.

I'm sorry once more.. and thank you for doing all you could for the little guy.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #22 
Tikibirds

Awwwh :(

It is always sad when they finally get a good home only to die a few hours later :(
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #23 
Sena Hansler

This is the reason I'm starting up a betta adoption program in my area Poor Finn.... well at least he had better care before he passed!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #24 
gossipgirl1031

I'm really sorry to hear that Finn passed. But he was well loved and well taken care of & I'm sure he knows & appreciated it. Even though he didn't make it, you absolutely did the right thing. I hope you consider rescuing again. When they do recover, it makes all the hard times with the others worth it. Good luck!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote