Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #1 
elegantlyunsophisticated

going to petco alone tomorrow, conflicted >:)

hey everyone! haven't posted in a while but in the while that I've been gone, I got my driver's license!!!!!!!!! I'm going to petco tomorrow on my way home to get some filter cartridges for our mbuna tank, clearly this is the perfect opportunity for a christmas present for myself! Now here's where I'm conflicted, I could either get a gorgeous boy (my Maxwell died recently and now I only have 1 male :(( ) or I could do something my best friend and I do occasionally, rescue a feeder. We take one small, sad looking feeder home, quarantine and treat diseases, and fatten him up to go with my grandad's beast comets. My question for you is, which one?!?!? I'm leaning towards betta but those feeders always get me with their sad little faces
elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #2 
Pitluvs

Funny, those Bettas always get me with their sad little faces hehe Either way, I am sure you'll be doing something amazing by taking some lonely fish home. Good for you. Why not take one of each home? That's what I would do (and have done O_o)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #3 
Bambi

Since you'll be rehomming the feeder anyway why not get both?

My pond used to be all feeders. xD I love being able to pick the "pretty" ones with different designs in their white andgold.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #4 
elegantlyunsophisticated

I don't think I'll be able to get away with two new additions, I might get the keys hidden from me >.< I need to be covert!
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #5 
ArcticRain

That's really good of you to rescue feeder fishys! When I was like Five I would beg my mom to buy me some of the live crickets, I would take them to the park and let the go free. I thought I was doing such a good thing... Maybe not. Anyways, I would rescue that saddest,ugliest, most sick Betta they have. Who knows, maybe you will rescue a diamond in the rough?
ArcticRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #6 
elegantlyunsophisticated

and I won't be rehoming the feeder right away, need to give him the star treatment first! that means that I won't have a tank open for the betta, as I only have one, unless someone went into a bowl (which would warrant the "your room is filled with fish" discussion)
Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #7 
elegantlyunsophisticated

thanks ArcticRain! started with one of those plain brown goldfish, he was the last one in the tank. We secretly took him home, QT'd (he had a fish louse, if you've never seen one, UGH), and after a while he became a gorgeous, yellow-gold ball of energy! I may go for a sad little betta back in the reject corner of my petco. The gorgeous HM's are put in a shelf out front, while the regular old VT's and such are in the back, seen some awesome gun metal grey ones back there... I may go for my first VT, never had one before!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #8 
ArcticRain

I personally like VT's they are the outcast bettas of the world....*sigh*. If only my mom would let me get a VT. She is one of those people who sees a CT and says "Why would you what a fish who's tail is shredded" or who's sees a cellophane and says "That's appalling".... My life.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #9 
elegantlyunsophisticated

I never pick bettas by their tail types, just the initial "PRETTEH" and letting my parents voice an opinion if they're there "he looks sickly" or "but look at the COLOR on him!" I always just ended up with HM's, a PK once, and a CT pair through the past months, I think I'm due for a VT :3
Old 12-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #10 
ArcticRain

Well, good luck! I you do get a VT be sure to keep us updated and post lots of pictures!!