Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #21 
elegantlyunsophisticated

well, I brought home a little VT boy!!!!! He looks absolutely miserable, he's small (too small for a regular pellet, I break them up) has finrot, his dorsal curls in an Elvislike fashion, and he's kinda... twitchy. I also think his vision may be a little off seeing as he was "striking" at the pellets and missed a few times, I had to push it a little with the tip of my finger for him to see the movement and nab it. His body is the color of uncooked shrimp, and I see the beginnings of amazing blue/purple coloring in his fins. He went from a horizontal stress stripe (poor thing had to sit in the seat of my car, didn't fit in the cupholder), to vertical bars (not sure what those mean).
Anyway, he's in a kritter keeper with no substrate or decorations and some AQ salt. How should my water change schedule be? Anything I can do about the fin curling? We have pretty hard water here naturally but not enough to warrant this curl.
And fish lice detach from fish and lay thousands of eggs in the substrate, then get picked up by other hosts. Luckily I netted Blink's louse before it got in my gravel. Probably would have just tossed that gravel out if it had
I'll get a pic of my miserable little ward soon, any name ideas? XP
elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #22 
watergale

i dont know maybe once you get a picture....
watergale is offline   Reply With Quote