Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #21 
NoahG

Of course.

I was reading through the site and wanted to mention that I've read that popeye in only one eye can be from trauma to the eye. The only difference in treatment that I read was minimal (epsom salt only, though the site recommended that treatment for a certain time regardless before starting meds anyway if I remember correctly), but I wanted to mention it in case you wanted to check it out and consider adding it to the page.

Here's a link: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/Popeyecures.htm

There's several other points where popeye as a result of trauma is discussed, as well as treatments, but the question and answer segment labeled "Epsom salts and Pop-eye 6/17/04" is probably the most succinct and includes their recommended dosage in instances of trauma-related popeye.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #22 
Sena Hansler

thanks forgot about the trauma one... I only ever dealt with dirty water popeye.which was one eye (maybe just more noticaeable?) or both. Actually, I've never even had popeye appear in my fish since Mister, but Mister I had him when I was younger and inexperienced.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #23 
NoahG

No problem. The only reason I could provide that was because I was looking into it with the possible intentions of rescuing a popeye-afflicted white marble CT (his was only one eye) -- unfortunately, by the time I got back there to get him he was no longer out on the shelf.

Are you going to have a links section? Apologies if that was already mentioned -- I can't remember.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

I will - once I get to that part I'm bouncing between illnesses (next on the list.... the dreadful mouth fungus) and Fact or Fiction?
Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #25 
NoahG

Ah, gotcha. If you'd like I can go through my bookmark folder at some point today for anything that could be useful, especially if you already know what sort of links you might be putting up.

I have all kinds of things, including a link with a chart for what sort of heater wattage for what size tanks and at what room temps, and I bookmarked the link I found here that had a chart of common water conditioners and what they do if you need that. I think that's probably the most I can offer at my experience level: links that I found useful and that others might as well.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

That would be wonderful! Especially about heaters, and conditioners
Old 12-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #27 
kitkatbar

eh...sorry. i just got so excited! kept getting more ideas after i posted. however, I did not know u could edit them after you posted...useful. This is really the only forum ive ever used.

except theknot.com when I was getting married. I stopped because there were so many trolls and the people were so mean. Thats one of the things I love about this site...everyones so nice!

oh and about college...yeah two of my own college roommates killed their bettas last year (before I got one or learned anything about them). It's pretty common I think in colleges. People overextend themselves in college and things start to slip unfortunately :(.

Also, I feel sad and embarrassed when people make jokes about me and "LOL" about me to other members.

But I don't think that is what anyone intended, because you all seem really nice.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-02-2012 at 06:10 PM.
kitkatbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Nope, they were just joking Not laughing AT you, just...hopefully WITH you

And yeah... I will ask my friend right now actually about his college