Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #1 
gabrielle09

My Valentine's Day Gift

So my Valentine's day didn't start off very well. I had to work which is the last thing I want to do on a day that is considered the most romantic of the year. Also my guy and I got into a very big arguement the night before because he wouldn't come out with me and my cousin and her guy when we wanted to go to a monster truck show. What guy doesn't like moster trucks honestly? Anyway needless to say I wasn't in a loving kind of mood.

So I worked all day at an elementary school and my guy picked me up around four. He was jumping up and down because he had a surprise for me that was waiting at home. I was thinking maybe it was roses or chocolates because that is what he usually gets me but to my surprise it was something completely unexpected. It was a twin tail male betta!!!!

Now one thing you might need to know to get the whole picture is that I have over twenty fish, fifteen of which are bettas. I just fell in love with how graceful and beautiful they are and I went a little betta crazy. I'm sure the staff at my local petstore think I am a fish stalker because I am in there at least once a week looking at their new stock. I have fish tanks all over our house and am constantly upgrading as my fish grow bigger. My guy has always said that he has hated my fish. He thinks the tanks that house my mollies and platies are noisy and he doesn't like my big 10 gallon soroity tank in our bedroom for all my female bettas. He thinks it takes up too much space. I guess it was a good thing my cousin talked me out of buying the long 20 gallon or my guy would really think we have no space. Anyway needless to say, my guy hates fish. So when he presented me with this beautiful twin tail who is pink! PINK!! I can't believe it! I almost cried. We decided to name him Baby Valentine since he was a gift and he's Valentine's colours. The poor baby was a little beat up when my guy found him. His one fin is ripped and his tail has a few rips as well but he is doing quite well in his new 2.5 gallon tank and I'm sure his fins will grow back better than ever. He is so active.

It turned out to be the best Valentine's Day ever. Even with its rocky start. My guy has fallen in love with Baby Valentine. I think it is because he picked him out himself. He has never come into a fish store with me in the five years we have been dating so for him to find me a fish was such a nice gesture. I guess love conquers all after all. :)
gabrielle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #2 
AcrimoniousArbiter

Dawww, glad your Valentine's Day ended right
AcrimoniousArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #3 
tpocicat

What a wonderful thing. He got you what he really knew you would love. I'm so happy for you.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

Ha! I love this. You aren't the only one who got a betta for valentines day. I got two, one that was blue pink and red and a powder blue colored boy. Another girl on here got a betta for valentines too. How cool are these boyfriends? lol

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 02-16-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #5 
gabrielle09

Well I have to say boys sure know how to make you feel special even if it is just once a year. LOL I can't be too hard on my guy...he does cook and help clean the house. Now if I could just get him to help me clean fish tanks....hmmmm
Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

Yea I wish. mine cooks to but I don't like him to clean the house. Since I am a student he brings in all the cash. He still does it even when I don't want him to clean so YAY TO ALL THE GOOD MEN OUT THERE!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #7 
gabrielle09

Lol at least he cleans the house without prompting. I usually have to threaten mine with "I will buy more fish and a 40 gallon tank if you don't help me and you know that that means your hockey gear will have to move into my parents garage permenantly." That usually gets him mopping the floors and making the bed :)
Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #8 
Shirleythebetta

haha thats funny. I got banned from more bettas when he gave me these too. I got, "I am getting you these because I know you wanted two more but I am putting my foot down, no more bettas." I will have to remind him next time he makes me mad that I have an empty 29 gallon in my bedroom... good idea! He should know I won't listen anyways. They are so cute when they think they are in charge. HA!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #9 
gabrielle09

Hahaha yeah it is so much easier to get along when you let them think that they rule the roost.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #10 
Shirleythebetta

totaly, thats what I keep trying to tell my sister in law. She keeps screaming at her husband. I said, "becky, if you let him think he is in charge he will do more" lol. She will learn one day. You should try and post a pic of your newest "gift" I have never seen one with mostly pink except my girl margaret. And she only looks pink when I Take a photo of her :(