Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #31 
LyzzaRyzz

They are! Thier so much bigger now, witfat little bellies! I'll take a few more, and post em up tomorrow!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #32 
LyzzaRyzz

Hey Guys Im Back!

Been a while guys!

But Im back, and Im gonna give you an update on my little household!

First, well do non aquarium pets, starting with My puppies, Lilly, my old beagle, who has since gone deaf, and my poodle dachshund Khodii! Thier doing just as well as they were, even better cause now the suns actually out!
Then theres my kitty, Rainbob, who is the protector of our property, never hunting, only chasing birds and squirrels if they stray onto the ground, then he watches, as if to say, " Im protecting my humans!" But he still comes for his lovings every day, but not if another cats around! Then hes gotta prowl around like a big touh cat and kick kitty butt!
Sadly, my rattie Sammi has passed on, young, at only a year old, but with a stroke and then pnuemonia, it was a tough struggle. I miss her every day. <3
On a lighter note, my rattie sisters, Arya and Varys are doing great! They just reached 22 weeks, and theyve definitely showed their personalities, and their love for mommy! Varys is just about completely blind, as most nekkids are wont to do. You wouldent guess though, if you didnt know where to look. She regurarly gets scraped up by Aryas nails, and her own, and her wooden hut. None of them are ever bad, and ive taken to rubbing "'Bag balm" on her every day, and her healing has done quite wonderful. Arya is definitely attached to me, as she spends the majority of the time, when not eating, sleeping or bothering Varys, staring at Me. Shes got a few favorite spots where she sits or lays, and she just watches me. its absolutely adorable! Shes definitely the spunky one, and shows it whenever we let her out, we have to watch her careful, shes gone in and instant! she always is found, or comes back though.
And an addition we have is the girls brother from another litter, Sandor. He is absolutely charming. Hes now 16 weeks old, and has out grew the girls but twice their size! it could be that he has fur, but, i think hes just a big boy! Hes such a love bug, loving his belly rubs, and actually laying limp in my hands for a shoulder/belly rub. He play fights with my boyfriend, and licks us almost as much as my dog does!
[and dont worry, the girls and Sandor are never out together. I thought about fixing him, but it would cost $600!]
My tree frogs are doing great, the two smaller ones getting alot bigger, and big daddy getting even bigger! Were hoping to catch more tadpoles this year and raise some more!

So, thats my non aquarium family, I think Ill make a seperate post for my tanks.
And when i figure out how to upload my pictures, i will! damn forum limits! lol
Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #33 
LyzzaRyzz

My Aquarium pets!

First off, I have a little pond in my backyard, its the home of a 4.5inch, a 3inch, and a 2.5 inch koi, and two 4 inch goldfish. Theyve had quite a journey, visiting a friends for a while, then coming back, and now to the pond again! I am so excited they are finally back in the pond, it was a struggle! And, come fall, I get to set up a brand new huge tank for them, as hopefully, theyll put some meat on thier bones this summer!

I have a ten gallon with two 'mini' African Clawed frogs. I bought them as Dwarf frogs, but was surprised to learn theyd grow huge! I got excited, and waited for them to grow, and they have yet to grow a bit. Its been almost six months, and nothing. So, they shared a tank with my betta for a while, and now that its summer, theyve got thier own tank!

My betta isa mustard gas VT betta, and hes in another ten gallon, with 11 ghost shrimp. He tends to leave them alone, having staring contests, and watching them swim by. In the tank is a newly acquired mystery snail, who is about an inch wide, and has beautiful irridecent markings! shes a pink one.

And in my bathroom [yes, my bathroom!] I have a 2.5 'maternity tank' for my berried shrimps! I also have a 1.5 gal bowl set up for newly hatched shrimps, and mothers just about to give birth. I currently have two females in my maternity tank, and one in my birthing bowl. Also, theres a blue mystery snail in the 2.5 gal.

All of my tanks have filters, and have air stones.

Ive has two females give birth, and had larvae, but one of the females molted afterwards, so i was giving her time to harden, and she just went up and down the glass all day, eating the babies. So, im now hoping my remaining three berried girls will give me at least one baby for my first generation!
Old 05-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #34 
LyzzaRyzz

Today I got some java moss, and went a little crazy. So now I have five bottles with little clumps in it, some in my ten gallon, some in the 2.5 and some in the fry tank.
I'm hoping to really get this java moss going!!

Annnnd...I bought a crayfish! He's absolutely cool! He's in the 14 gallon with my frogs at the moment, and I can't wait to get a tank set up so I can have him next to my desk!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #35 
LyzzaRyzz

Finally, I can upload pictures!

The first two are my beagle, Lilly, whose thirteen. The third one is Khodii, My shadow. Next is Rainbob, My guardian tiger. The next two are Sandor, first with my friends rat, Adventure Mouse/Danger Mouse, and then enjoying a belly rub. Number seven is my girls, who ive had since they were three weeks old, enjoying a spoonful of bannana cream pie. My nekkid is Varys, and my half nekkid is Arya. The next two are Arya,[whose actueally a double rex] enjoying my outside cage in the morning sun. She does love her mommy! I also crochet, and by crochet, i mean make rat beds and hammocks, and this is Varys, modeling my lastest bed.

Ill be making a seperate post for my aquariums!
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #36 
LyzzaRyzz

My Aquarium Pets

First off, theres gonna be quite a few pictures, so, to start, heres my biggest, a ten gallon, with Tyrion, the betta, who has turned a very dark mustard gas, and is very attention seeking. He lives with ten ghost shrimp, and two mystery snails, Pinkie and Perriwinkle. their colors dont show up nice, like in real life. Thr ghosties are quite comical, always swimming around the tank, not caring about Tyrion, they actually coexist quite well. The only time tyrion reacts to them is when he spooks when they touch him in his sleep. The mystery snails and the shrimp are best buds, even hanging out together! hehe.

And they all seem to like each other, taking nice pictures together!

Then theres my 'Mini' African dwarf frogs, the pictures were taken at tank cleaning time, ill have to update soon! Thier about six months old, and havent grown at all!

And even though you cant see them, theresd about 22 baby shrimps in my 2.5, which is in my bathroom. Its wonderful having a tank in the bathroom..so soothing! Anyways, i usually keep count a bunch of times a day, and the larvea are at five days old, so they should be able to walk and hide..its been stressful!

Then theres my newest buddy, Gregor, Who is a un identified crayfish, I got him two days ago, and he seems really happy in his new tank..Im thinking about adding some guppies, because of how fast the reproduce, and it wont matter if he eats em all.

And, because I love my shrimps, i have a bes side shrimp, whose full belly is visible if you look closer! She was my first female to give birth, and wont get pregnant again, since shes not in the population. She also eats from my fingers, and loves to ride the bubbles..=]

I would like to point out that ripping a marimo ball apart is fun, but results in this! Tattered edges,, and you must constantly roll them, so they get round again!

And a good bye from my brothers pup, Bailey, Lilly, and Khodii!
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #37 
GwenInNM

Your pets are adorable, and they all looked well loved :)

I love the naked rats! They are sooo cute!!

Gwen
GwenInNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #38 
LyzzaRyzz

My nekkids are my babies! Thier more like little dogs than anything..my favorite pet!

And thanks, they are all well lived! That's what happens when you don't have kids!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #39 
LyzzaRyzz

So, been bouncing around with the idea...

of breeding my own feeder fish for Senor Crayfish.

My first thought was rosy reds, since they are so cheap and apparently really easy to get to breed.
So i went and Silly me went to petsmart [cause thats where i get my ghost shrimp] and now i have four left, out of thirty. Good thing their only 13 cents a piece!

Then i was told that live bearers are really easy too, and since ive never had guppies, im thinking im going to give em a shot!

Ive got a 14 gallon thatll work, and im really hoping to get this started tomorrow!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #40 
LyzzaRyzz

So, couldent help myself, or decide which one to get, so i got mollies AND guppies.

I need help. Lol.

There are two female guppies, and one male, and three female mollies and one male.

Thier tank right now has just been set up, in my 14 gallon, bare bottomed, with no decorations, im going to use it as a quarantine, and then add gravel, [maybe not? Ive read the babies stay on the bottom of the tank and id like to be able to see them.] Ill add plants and decorations after thier quarantine is up...

Im in for some serious water changes though!
Im up for it though!
Attached Images