Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #41 
LyzzaRyzz

So, it turns out ill need to get my 24 gallon ready....
*sigh*
We put the koi/goldfish outside, and now i have more tanks thank i ever did!

The people on this site are so informed, and helpful! I love this site..=]

I wish i had the mollies in my room, instead of the other room, But then i wouldent have room for anything else!
I have two cages, two tanks, and a tiny tank, a queen sized bed, two humans and two dogs in my room, not to mention my desk, my shelves, my closet, and the multitude of dog beds scattered around..my room is only 11x9 feet!!

I wonderrr...

Could a molly be kept alone? What about a guppy? If i got a small tank, could a guppy and a ghostie live together?

Time to start posting again!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #42 
LyzzaRyzz

Alots happened!
First, Ive had to quarantine my white molly, she had a bacterial.fungal infection, on her side, though its cleared up, probably going to return her to the main tank tonight. Im slowly transitioning her out of AQ salt right now.

My silver guppy with the spotted tail has been gravid, and to my eyes, ready to pop for about two days now! I have a feeling that she is refusing to birth in the birthing tank, so ive put her in a 5 gallon bin. Stubborn fishie.

And the best news of them all: I got myself a API Master Testing kit! My boyfriend thinks im nuts, $35 on a testing kit?? But the amount of tests to price is actually better than any other test. The other one i was buying was $17 for 25 tests. thats the same amount for 50 tests? vs the amount of tests and varity of tests in the master kit? Hands down, a great deal. Thank you API!

I also go myself a small box of Ammo Carb, for when i dont
Old 06-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #43 
LyzzaRyzz

Alots happened!

First, my white mollys been seperated, getting AQ salted for a spot that looked bacterial, maybe fungal. I should be putting her back in the main tank tonight, after shes transitioned back to freshwater.

My silver tail spotted mollys been gravid for two, almost three days now, and IMO ready to pop! But i think shes refusing to give birth in the birthing tank, so i put her in a 5 gallon bin. I think i may just return the birthing tank thing...

And the best part of all: I got myself an API Master Test Kit! My boyfriend thinks im nuts, spending $35 on a test kit, but its actually a good deal when you look at the number of test per amount of money.

And i nabbed me some Ammo Carb. Im assuming its like Ammo Chips, but im waiting on advice..Thisll really help put my mind at ease about w/c's in quarantine, or the birthing tank.

Alsoooo...next wensday, i should be getting myself another male guppy, and possibly another female, and a BN Pleco!!

I have wanted a pleco for so freaking long! They are awesome, and i dont care how much they poop, my pleco will love me, and i will grow him/her to the max size, even getting a tank just for him/her!

Im so excited!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #44 
LyzzaRyzz

Oh did i mention im craigslisting for a 30-40 gallon tank and filter/heater?

It will be glorious!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #45 
LyzzaRyzz

So, i believe i have to trade my mollies in.

They just keep running up and down my tank walls, and they just seem so stressed.
They are in a 24 gallon, but i believe its the size of the tank that is making them stressed.

Along with my damned ph issues. Ugh.

Im going to call my LPS where i got them, and see if theyll take them back for store credit, or cash.
If not ill have to go to petsmart. and that means having to wrangle up a ride.

My guppies arent showing ay signs of stress at all, that i can see.
I wish id known that mollies were the biggest livebearer, i would have gotten platys!

Ill be sad to see them go, but i just cant look at my tank, and see them so stressed out. it bums me out.

I think ill just get more guppies. When i get my PH issues sorted out.

*sigh*
Old 06-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #46 
LyzzaRyzz

Ive been reading. And that can be good or bad!
[i figure, its 2.45 in the morning, whose gonna answer your post now? and im just impatient. I want to pet stores to open now! Im hoping that my lps takes them back, since the mollies are in a 75 gallon, with some african clawed frogs and tetras. ]

people are saying between 10- 15 guppies in my 14 gallon tank. 10 sounds like im pushing it, though, they do just stick together anyways. But 15? thats kind of ridiculous. But, i mean if your a fish master, maybe you can just pack fish and theyll all be AOKAY. but mlost people are NOT fish masters. Myself included!

And actually, im looking for what to put in a ten gallon, so ill have that extra four gallons to use as a buffer.

For platies [which im considering..i just cant help it!] Ive been getting from 3-10 in a ten gallon. Ten, again, is ridiculous, but three? That seems a bit low.

Sigh.

I wish there wasn't so much misinformation out there!
Old 06-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #47 
LyzzaRyzz

THERE IS A GUPPY SALE AT PETSMART. And today is the last day.

I must go there, I must get guppies for a dollar. Which is amazing, because i calculated everything and it would cost $35 to get all the fish...$1? Ill walk there!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #48 
LyzzaRyzz

So,

My lps took my mollies back, and they are doing so well!

I went to petsmart, and i nabbed me four females, and five males. Sadly, the smallest male died the first night, and another died from what i believe was columnaris?

I had seperated one of the males when i got them home, for a differnt tank, and he is doing great, so i introduced him to the main tank. I am acclimating a female as well, she is very pregnant, and has no signs of illness.

Tomorrow, im going to get myself a bristle nose! I am so excited! Theyll be my first pleco...=]=]

My dream is to have a huge 150 gallon tank, for plecos...

[[these are not my pictures!]]
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #49 
LyzzaRyzz

So, big disaster last night.
I was told to close the window of the room my tanks are in.
Apparently that caused the heat to rise so much that my tank went to NINETY SIX DEGREES.

I was up til 3 am, and ended up losing three guppies, and now im neurotically checking the tan ktemperature, so i dont lose anymore!

though, i am glad it was just the guppies, and not the plecos i just bought!

And, since my mom sthe one who told me to close the window, shes gonna buy me more fish! So, at least theres a silver lining.

Also, tomorrow, im getting a 55 gallon!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #50 
LyzzaRyzz

Hey!
Its video time!

Bought some Rosy Reds, in an attempt to get a small school going for my 45. I know odds are ill lose em all, or they wont be healthy enough, but after two days, only one has died! =]

So, they first video is of my 45 gallon, day five! Obviously still cycling, but my test today shows the hint of NitrIte, so let the process begin! Currently in my tank is one Rose Red Minnow, and two Apple Snails. And about 7-8 pond snails.

My 45 Gallon, Day five in Cycle - YouTube

The next video is of my crayfish, Senorita Mountain, eating a dead Rosy Red. In the begining of the video, you can see Little Buddy, Mountains ghost shrimp. Mountain wont eat him, LB even sometimes forages inbetween Mountains claws, and she just sits there. LB's been in there for about three weeks. I just re did his tank last night, and used a peice of the background i was going to use for the 45, and it has stones and driftwood on it, with a balck background. I had to switch it over o the sea side, because Mountian was having a complex over the fact that she couldent get on the rocks like the ones in her tank! I lik eit better the way it is, even though i had to redo the tank twice in one night. I keep looking at the tank, and singing, 'Under da sea, under da sea.." XD

Senorita cray eating fish and Little Buddy.MOV - YouTube

These are my fry! I only have three..I think my other females may have been giving birth, and eating the babies, cause there are so many of them? Anyways, I have one Dalmation Molly, 21 days old, and two Guppy fry, 20 days old. Their tank is in my second bathroom, which is attached to my "fish room". They have a sponge filter, but no heat, cause there is an entrance to the attic right next to it, and the bathroom is always hot.

Fry Tank Vid 1 - YouTube
Fry Tank vid 2 - YouTube

And lastly, is my QT tank, where there are nine guppies, a BN pleco, and a RN pleco. They are waiting for my 45 gallon to cycle, so they can one by one, go to their new home! There are three males [Red one, blonde red and blue one and a rainbow tailed] and six females. They think there will be food! This is what they do whenever im near the tank..Lol. There is my favorite, fattest female, the black tailed silver, there is a closeup of her, and i call her Black Mama...I cant wait for her to pop!

QT Tank, Closeup of Black Mama - YouTube

Hope you enjoy!
As usual, questions, comments, advice always welcomed!