Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #11 
HatsuneMiku

i've researched these containers before .. and i've found that the measurements on the little insert paper things are the measurements of the widest point which includes the lid that protrudes .. and since the containers are not exactly 90deg angles and they are trapezoidal shaped .. therefore if your trying to calculate the volume based on the dimensions given form the paper insert you'll find that it actually holds less then what is calculated ..

to get an more accurate reading of volume you have to measure the lengths from the inside of the plastic not the outside .. and then use this http://www.onlineconversion.com/obje..._trapezoid.htm
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #12 
newarkhiphop

Good info

about the petco pet keeper there are 4 kind apparently ,

http://www.petco.com/product/12031/P...rium-Fish.aspx

i have one i believe its the "small" 9.13" L X 6" W X 6.12" H , which contains about 1 gallon of water,

Omelet my yellow delta tail (petco rescue) is in that one with a heater small amount of gravel and one plastic plant, he seems to like enough

i think the heater i have for this one is perfect for these types of keepers, it the hydor 7.5w and it does a really good job of keep the water between 77-81 degrees even on very cold days.

I do a full water change every 3 days, he is do for one tommorow

Last edited by newarkhiphop; 01-06-2012 at 09:19 PM.
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #13 
Marlboroack

Thanks for sharing!
Marlboroack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #14 
blueridge

Very helpful! Thanks for making it a sticky!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #15 
furubafan3

The round kritter keeper is smaller

Hello! I unfortuantley ordered a large round kritter keeper hoping it was 3 gallons but after looking carefully at my order, the fine print said it was 1.5 gallons. I already spent my money. I'm a little worried. :(
furubafan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #16 
bettalover2000

I noticed that this site http://www.firsttankguide.net/calculator.php says that the large all living things is 5 gallons.
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #17 
Geomancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawscientist View Post
I have a question. How many gallons would you recommend for a perfect home for a just one Betta no other fish around?
2.5 gallons(aka aprox 10 litres) is it too much or enough? I don't wanna keep my fishy in a bowl T_T
5+ Gallons.

Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of people will say otherwise.

However, I would just ask you to consider this. The question really is, what is the minimum to keep alive, and what is the minimum to keep them happy and live long lives. As I'm sure you can guess, those are two different things.

You can keep a human alive in a closet for many decades, giving them a plate of food 3 times a day and emptying their chamber pot daily. They can even show signs of happiness and affection. But would they live as happy of a life as a person with a 1 bedroom apartment? Or a 3 bedroom house? Or a 10 bedroom mansion
Geomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #18 
freemike

The petco brand keepers have their gallon capacity on the cards. The medium is 1.75 gallons. I've been using them with a 2 gallon heater and everything is working out fine and the fish seem to be recovering.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #19 
iceyrose

With a 5 gallon tank with about4.5 gallon a heater & a filter system what's the best option for changing water out?
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:25 AM   #20 
iceyrose

Was thinking maby 25% 2x a week or 50% once a week? Also going to pick up some test kits to check out for cycling...any reccomendations? Also I have been thinking about picking up live plants that are moderit to low mantence any reccomendations...tank is near window with curtain so I try to give neacco some sun light...not to much.
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote