Old 12-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #51 
watergale

i'm subscribing :D
watergale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #52 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Just saw this thread... I'm so sorry about the failed attempt.
I really hope you can get them to spawn in the future.
As for the yellow eggs... it's normal. Eggs vary in colors, from white to amber so no need to worry about that.
Female turned out to be submissive... I remember you mentioning her aggressive behavior.
She definitely did! She was all flare and no nip. I was actually surprised, but I'm sure that with time she'll heal up and be as spunky as she was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Aw, I just read, that is a bummer. Are you conditioning the backup or thinking about it if the next introduction isn't successful? I wish you the best of luck!
Yeah, but I'm hoping to have a good spawn.

Also I am still going to try the back up make because I really like the (RED) on them. Thank you!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #53 
DarkMoon17

Just treat the female with 1tsp/gal Aquarium Salt and some Stress Coat or Kordon's Fish Protector and she should be ok to spawn in 1-2 weeks. Both scales and fins grow back surprisingly fast. I've even seen open wounds heal within a week or two as long as attention was given to avoid infection.

Do you have any pictures of the spawning set up? Maybe a few more plants will help give the female somewhere to hide. It seems like she may be too "rushed".
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #54 
bettalover2033

Well I am looking to get Aquarium Salt from a neighbor or something (If I can find someone somehow) and I added the stress coat and i'll look for the kordon's fish protector. I was surprised to see that her fins grew back VERY fast. They grew back in a matter of a day from the first time he nipped at her and took most of her fins.

I do have pictures of the set up. The set up has a huge decor and many plants. I should be going to petsmart sometime next week or the week after. I'm hoping to get my money to get things that I need for this.

This is the set up:

And if you can't see that picture here is the link to it:

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/...2-17194317.jpg
Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #55 
kfryman

So anything new or interesting that has happened?
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #56 
bettalover2033

Well to tell you the truth...I am still conditioning again and just two or three more days shoulf be about right. It will ease my conscience.

The females scales has already started coming back in amazingly and her fins are also great.

As for the back up male. I think he was a bit too aggressive for her so I will try the breeder male *shy male.*
Ive decided that the females name is going to be Korra pronounced (kohr-ruh).
Old 01-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #57 
kfryman

I am really looking forward to seeing the fry and the colors that come out. That won't be for a while though lol.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #58 
bettalover2033

Yes. Unfortunately it will be=\. Though dont worry, i'll get through this and have soe fry soon. Just not colors for a few months lol. Thank you for still believing in this dreading breeding project!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #59 
kfryman

No problem, I would love to try breeding sometime. I would need room and I don't have any. I would do it at my aunt's but I wouldn't be able to be there all the time.

Quick questions: How do you keep the males warm? And how much does it usually cost? If it isn't real personal.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #60 
bettalover2033

Which males? If you mean the jarred fry males then...I usually keep then in a fish room with the tem always warmer than the house. Now i dont have access to a fish room so i use my room because i have no other choice. I will get a tub (packing kind) and fill it up with the males inside of it and heat the tub water wih the jarred males in there to keep at a stable temp. Though if that doesnt work as well as i am hoping for i will have to get a heating blanket and put it just under the jarred males so they would be warm. Though since heating blankets do gt pretty warm ill put a fairly thin piece of somethin on the heating blanket before putting the jarred males on it.

For me when i had a fish room it didnt cost me as much as i though. Though if uou continuously turn the heat up and down in the fish room your bill will sky rocket. The heated tub of water should work fine for about ide say $40 max because if you buy a quality heater then ide guess the tub to be about ten to fifteen dollars depending on how big. I'm going to get 30 gallon tubs though.