Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #1 
bettacrazymichelle

Is it okay to mix live and fake plants for my 10g sorority?

Hi folks. :) I'm a newbie here. I am setting up a 10g sorority tank. So far, I have a few live plants in the tank - anacharis (floating at top), wisteria, and a pretty moss ball. I was going to put Amazon Swords in there too, but I am think they are a little higher maintenance than what I'm looking for. I'm hoping to find a anubias, java fern or java moss when I go to the store today. Anyways, so yeah, just one more live plant. I also have a piece of driftwood.

My question - is it okay to mix in some silk plants (and of course, other hiding place decor) with my live plants? I don't want to go too crazy with live plants since I'm new to this and don't want to have to worry about trimming all the time. :) They are really pretty, but yeah.. maybe I could take the silk ones out at a later date and put in live once I get the hang of aquatic plants?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
bettacrazymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #2 
Myates

Yup! Perfectly fine and safe to do! All we recommend is you taking pictures once you get it set up so we can see the lovely tank and girls!
I adore the girls and love sororities lol, so I am always wanting to look at them hehe
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #3 
Pitluvs

We have live plants and silk/plastic in our 29g community tank. As long as your live plants are taken care of, no issue :) Make sure to use lots of plants either way, when you think you have enough... add 2 more :P

Pictures are a must! And Welcome!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #4 
bettacrazymichelle

Thank you! Here is what I have so far. My driftwood, heater and thermometer are coming tomorrow via Amazon.

Should I get a few more plants? The anubis is just floating there in the middle front. I intend to attach it to the driftwood once it is here.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #5 
kfryman

You should get a lot more plants. It is very open.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #6 
bettacrazymichelle

Awesome. Good to know. I just went out and bought a LOT more and bought them a little cave vase-y thingy to hide in. I'll take a picture once I set it all up!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #7 
bettacrazymichelle

Everything is in now except for the driftwood and the heater/thermometer... plus ya know, the fish. I'll have to shift the plants around once the driftwood is here. It's quite dense in there now.

From above: